Kubota diesel in TW advice please.

Graham

Thanks for all the replies.

Been out so I'll try and answer some of the questions. Tyre pressures bang on:001_smile:.

Non-turbo and it won't fire at all but will very occasionally try and pick up as it's turning on the starter but that's only momentary.

The smoke is really thick and sooty so fuel's getting through. I just can't understand why it should happen without warning. No loss of power from blocked filter or increase in smoke etc.

We'll whip out the injectors tomorrow and get them tested.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like your injection pump is overfuelling. Have the injection people check it first. Could save you an injector service. Start with the simple things first. He should be able to diagnose the fault on the spot. All the injectors wont fail at exactly the same time.

As others have said, it's unlikely to be the injectors, whatever has gone wrong affects all the injectors so I would be looking at the injector pump, it’s either over fuelling or the fuel is arriving at the wrong time and not combusting (pump timing).

Either way sounds like you are going to need a new or recon pump.

I'd go with the pump thread, but also, what do the sooty blebs smell off? Diesel or water, turn the engine over by hand and check that the flywheel end is connnected to the fan end (turn both ways and rock back and forth).

Good luck. Let us all know what the end result was.

Thanks for all the replies. Engine is now running:001_smile:

A phone call to Kubota agent this morning resulted in his suggestion of removing the chip drive belts. Engine fired up perfectly.

When we were chipping yesterday a short piece of wire must have been tangled in the brash. It was about 18" long and was stopping the chip clear properly. Didn't even think of this as the engine turned over without problem on the starter and we didn't notice anything to suggest a partial blockage when it died.

Nice easy fix and we'll know what to look for if it happens again:blushing:

Jesus Graham, basic stuff mate, should have been picked up straight away :001_rolleyes::laugh1: :laugh1:

Glad it was a cheap fix for you mate

Yeah 20 years with chippers and a stupid thing still catches you out:blushing:

Sweet graham. Glad to hear you have it sorted. After my recent fuel and head related engine probs, i was stumped as to why it was fuelling so much (black smoke from diesel is unburnt fuel, blue is fuel starvation or burning oil -you can tell from the smell- and white fluffy is water in the combustion, white and not fluffly or evaporating is oil burning) yet not starting.