Company logos.

Donnie

Hey. Going to make business cards to follow up with this flyer as I now see the importance of it. Vistaprint seems pretty cheap for a couple hundred of them. 

I need to make a logo and make it clear as to what I do and not come across as a tree surgeon as I’m not a climber. Anyways. 

Where’s best to make a company logo? 

Green and White Modern Tree Service Flyer.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Donnie said:

Hey. Going to make business cards to follow up with this flyer as I now see the importance of it. Vistaprint seems pretty cheap for a couple hundred of them. 

I need to make a logo and make it clear as to what I do and not come across as a tree surgeon as I’m not a climber. Anyways. 

Where’s best to make a company logo? 

Green and White Modern Tree Service Flyer.jpeg

JD Forestry , I think , makes it pretty clear you are not a tree surgeon . How ever if you are verging into the domestic market now and then ( dangerous storm damaged trees felled and processed ) you may need the services of a climber at times . Targets etc .

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stubby said:

JD Forestry , I think , makes it pretty clear you are not a tree surgeon . How ever if you are verging into the domestic market now and then ( dangerous storm damaged trees felled and processed ) you may need the services of a climber at times . Targets etc .

Aye you are right. I know plenty of climbers to call on if needed if it needs it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Donnie said:

Aye you are right. I know plenty of climbers to call on if needed if it needs it. 

Thats good Jake . Your skill in felling is not in doubt as far as I am concerned ( even the odd one back over your shoulder ) But in someones garden with the summer house , precious plants , narrow accuses to drag etc etc it can be a pain and totally different game to felling in the woods . ( which I prefer ) 🙂

My opinion is worthless, but I think the card looks lovely as is, and doesn't necessarily need a logo.

That said, I have asked an old friend who illustrates children's books to do things like that in the past.

Failing that, ask a small child to draw a very simple tree using a big black felt tip pen, and either use it straight off, or modify it as necessary. 

This is the limit of my experience on the matter. Personally, I would flat-out refuse to pay someone any significant money to design a logo. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Thats good Jake . Your skill in felling is not in doubt as far as I am concerned ( even the odd one back over your shoulder ) But in someones garden with the summer house , precious plants , narrow accuses to drag etc etc it can be a pain and totally different game to felling in the woods . ( which I prefer ) 🙂

Aye I’d never fell anything in a garden to be fair would always get a climber as it’d be an absolute nightmare. 

My work mate has felled pine trees between a garage and a house recently and they were that small either and it worked out for him but I’d never attempt that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, peds said:

My opinion is worthless, but I think the card looks lovely as is, and doesn't necessarily need a logo.

That said, I have asked an old friend who illustrates children's books to do things like that in the past.

Failing that, ask a small child to draw a very simple tree using a big black felt tip pen, and either use it straight off, or modify it as necessary. 

This is the limit of my experience on the matter. Personally, I would flat-out refuse to pay someone any significant money to design a logo. 

To be fair I could always do a double sided card with that flyer…

Maybe change the pictures about a bit to something a bit simpler as it’d be very small

7 minutes ago, Donnie said:

To be fair I could always do a double sided card with that flyer…

Maybe change the pictures about a bit to something a bit simpler as it’d be very small

That's exactly what I had assumed, I was about to edit my post explaining my misconception, but decided it wasn't worth it. Yet here we are.

But yeah, it'd be very easy to jiggle that flyer into a card. Lose some text, squeeze it up a little.

I’d avoid Vistaprint Jake.

They are cheap, but they look cheap.

You’re a pro offering a pro service, so it’s worth spending a few quid on pro business cards.

It won’t be much money for a few hundred.

I’ve got a mate in Northumberland who has a printing business, he does all my stuff.

PM me if you want me to put you in touch.

Can’t comment on the logo, but do you really need one?

Your initial effort looks pretty sharp to me.

I use Moo.com

Lpads of templates to base the initial idea on.  Upload a photo and then lay out the text in a fashion you like.

All online, printed in high quality card with options for Glossy or Mat etc.

pretty decent price as well.  They save your project aswell in your account so reorder is a doddle.

• Like 1