Allo all.

Been up a tree on a ZigZag before, not sure what harness, anyway, im hooked.  I am considering starting on my own, as i have experience ground wise.

Anyhoo, i have narrowed it down a bit to the Petzl Sequoia, as i feel thats the best all round for reviews and price, and i'm 99% sure thats the harness i went up in.

Basicaly, do i get the one that is SRT rated, or not?  i plan on climbing with a zigzag.

Sorry, but i feel like when your 30ft+ up, the only dumb question is the one that wasn't asked!!

You’ll find out that the course gives you enough knowledge to START learning how to be a climber, you’ll be a long long way from being able to charge money to the public or other businesses for your services.

No offence intended, I am sure that given time practice/instruction/application you can go on to a long career in the job, but you’ll be better off leaving the course and working with others first.

• Like 6

Harness wise have a look at the Courant Koala. I find it comfortable and light. It's also a good price for a harness at the moment. As for the Petzl, you don't need to spend the extra money on the srt. If you fancy using an srt system the standard one will work fine.

• Like 3

Why not take up rock climbing with a group or at the very least do a day or two with a tree company being shown how to do things.

Whilst it's nice to learn, you're not going to be popular with the local fire station first time you do yourself a injury or get stuck up a tree.