How about fecking off

eggsarascal

I know you choose to live like this, just saying the landlord is equally probably mugging you off with BS and telling you lies.

They won't just put up signs for the fun of it, the landlord is probably just salty like the locals are that the RSPB bought it.

It would surprise me to be honest if the RSPB were putting signs up to charge for parking on the publicly owned part of the road - the parking surely applies to what they control. If the land is publicly owned do the RSPB lease the land then? Similarly for the access to the hut, where does council ownership start and stop? I can understand if the Scouts want to keep random strangers off their land if they have 20 or 30 children running about, the odd random adult wandering about must be a nightmare.

See I don't know the site so can't really comment but I would be surprised if the RSPB were charging for access to public roads and the council were accepting of that.

2 minutes ago, Steven P said:

It would surprise me to be honest if the RSPB were putting signs up to charge for parking on the publicly owned part of the road - the parking surely applies to what they control. If the land is publicly owned do the RSPB lease the land then? Similarly for the access to the hut, where does council ownership start and stop? I can understand if the Scouts want to keep random strangers off their land if they have 20 or 30 children running about, the odd random adult wandering about must be a nightmare.

See I don't know the site so can't really comment but I would be surprised if the RSPB were charging for access to public roads and the council were accepting of that.

It’s because no one speaks out, I’ve known the landlord there for 20+ years. He’s onto the council to get the signs removed due to his limited parking area, patrons of his pub have parked there FOC for years. It’s the, don’t say anything because it’s embarrassing brigade that get us in this situation.

• Haha 1

Unless you've seen a land registry, I'd believe nothing. As I bet the RSPB own the bit he was using FOC.

If it was as the landlord says, the signs would have miraculously disappeared.

3 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

Oh so its my fault? 😁

Sort it out mate

I sorted it out, I didn’t walk 300 yards to put money in their payment machine, no doubt many will.

2 minutes ago, Steven P said:

Does the landlord loose business from the parking I wonder? Vested intersts

Yes he does, he’s posted on social media that people are turning away because of the illegal parking signs. But hey ho, not to worry if it doesn’t affect you. The point is, it’s our ground that they want us to pay for, and I’ve just found out the council (us) paid for the scout hut, people might think I’m overdoing it, their choice. 

• Like 1

It's not victimhood if it's true. Organisations like the RSPB get loads of tax loot. It can seem private because it's the RSPB with a bird on the logo, not the government with government stuff on the logo, but it's still land bought with taxes. Public money = Public property. Same reason I can unzip a traffic warden and wear him as a coat if I want to. I'm the public.

Edited by AHPP