DMM Kinisi Max

gand

What's your thoughts on it? I know it's not cheap. I've sat in one, and it felt very comfy. Just want views on it. I think the bridge alone would be £150! I think it's a good harness all in all, but time will tell.

7 hours ago, gand said:

What's your thoughts on it? I know it's not cheap. I've sat in one, and it felt very comfy. Just want views on it. I think the bridge alone would be £150! I think it's a good harness all in all, but time will tell.

I like the look of it ,seems an improvement on the older TM and thank god they have got rid of the elastic for the leg loops, the knee ascender looks pretty trick , I see the adjustable bridge though as a total waste of time and would be of no use to me whatsoever and would get in the way with the extra cordage flapping around, I would be concerned about accidentally nicking it with a saw .. I’m also very objective to having any changes in my climbing system, I’ve probably kept my VT the exact same length for the last 20 years and always adjust my tree motion bridge to the exact same length maybe I’m just too autistic about such things and like to be 100% familiar with where every thing will be and in place in position to recover or put my self in any situation, anything different I don’t like … can definitely see those who have always had adjustable bridges absolutely loving it but I don’t ascend ddrt or want my work positioning changed for the above reasons.  

• Like 3

Your not alone Matty.

As soon as I get a new TM, I measure the adjustable bits and set them the same as my older harness then tape them up.

I like the look of the new harness but I am only into a couple of months climbing on the twin bridge/ upgraded buckles of the tree motion.

Tbh, the buckles are gash so I might change up sooner rather than later.

Agree with the buckles ,so bad I had to write them , no reply or shits given.

seems they haven’t addressed that if your new one is the same. 

Also found the webbing was constantly adjusting by itself , that was one thing I loved about it the old tm’s was that it stayed the same and was a harness for one person only who had set it up. 

I was gutted when I had to retire my third.. this one is my fourth and if it wasn’t for the fact I don’t like change I would but on something entirely different.

57 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

How easy would it be to sack off the adjustable bridge?

It does look like a very good harness.

Just buy the tree motion pro I think mate.. looks almost the same harness…. Side by side gand what do you think ? 

• Like 1

Yeah i beleive so. Nothing to stop you shortening the rope bridge with a barrel knot and trimming the excess.

The adjustable bridge isn't really a feature i get hard for either, but there are some other well thought out features that look pretty cool. The mounting system for a FA kit and the knee ascender system look cool. 

• Thanks 1