Wnky neighbours.... Cut tree dispute

Go back to the beginning then

Your tree, your hedgerow.

Did you go in the neighbours garden and with or without permission

Did anything else go in there - branches etc

Was anything damaged

Does the tree have any amenity value to them

TPO or not - that is for the authorities to enforce, not the neighbours though they can let them know the tree is gone

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mick Dempsey said:

So it was your tree all along? Yet you failed to mention that in the first post.

What a spectacular waste of time.

1 hour ago, Botty Cough said:

As usual missing the point is your forte....🤣

…..but in your original post you wrote it was their tree.   Pay attention.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Botty Cough said:

There was quite a big alder on top of a hedge growing up through the power lines that run above so I cut the tree clear of the lines after discussing it and getting the go ahead from the distribution company on Elf and safety grounds.

I did get them to sign it off and have the paperwork.

Surely this as all fantasy?

The way it’s written makes it sound like the DNO produced a document stating that they ‘approved’ some random landowner having a go at removing branches that were up and through their live power line?

Don’t think so somehow.

I think we’re being drip-fed a particularly poor example of creative writing.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Botty Cough said:

Well here we kin go...🤬

Had a letter from the people over the hedge.

There was quite a big alder on top of a hedge growing up through the power lines that run above so I cut the tree clear of the lines after discussing it and getting the go ahead from the distribution company on Elf and safety grounds.

I did get them to sign it off and have the paperwork.

Once I'd cleared it from the 3phase there was just a monolith left so I decked it and firewooded it.

I've now had a solicitor letter from the neighbours saying I trespassed and did criminal damage to their tree FFS.

There is a fir hedge that screens them from the lines and the area so they can't even see it.

So I went and posted copy's of the utility authority for tree cutting through their letter box and waved at the door camera..

Luckily on the form no parameters were listed other than cut clear 😁.....

Idiots can suck on it and hopefully go away. Tree was an eye sore anyway and had to go.

I'm not even going to respond to the solicitors so time will tell soon enough.

I don't post very often but I must say you really do appear to be a complete and fantasist end. Almost every word you type stinks of spectacular bullshit. Maybe I'm wrong, but I bet I'm not.

Edited by TT Arb
too personal
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Bolt said:

Surely this as all fantasy?

The way it’s written makes it sound like the DNO produced a document stating that they ‘approved’ some random landowner having a go at removing branches that were up and through their live power line?

Don’t think so somehow.

I think we’re being drip-fed a particularly poor example of creative writing.

It's easy to get the distribution company to sign off a tree cut .. you just ask them .

Then I used my poles to cut the tree clear and removed the rest from the hedgerow.

The neighbour doesn't like it .

The trees cut and removed, the power lines are clear and the blanket conservation area restrictions have been bypassed.

The fact the neighbours have claimed they own the hedge is the funny bit.

13 minutes ago, TT Arb said:

I don't post very often but I must say you really do appear to be a complete and utter bell end. Almost every word you type stinks of spectacular bullshit. Maybe I'm wrong, but I bet I'm not.

Well don't bother posting then ..🤣

I admire your ballsy way of working. By 3 phase I presume you mean 11 or 33kv lines? Your local network must know you really well to give you the go ahead to clear trees that are “growing up through the power lines”. Expect them to come back to you to take on a lot more because you’ll save them a fortune from having to do shutdowns?

• Like 5
  • Haha 2