The wonders of Google Maps. And adipophilia.

sime42

I've said numerous times the USA system is awful, the European and UK isn't and you need to say that!.

There is nothing inherently wrong with cheap food, there is nothing wrong with soya and grains being used for animal supplements used to bulk out feed rations primarily based on grass.

UK and EU agriculture is about as good for the environment as you can get and considerably better standards than anywhere else in the world.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, GarethM said:

Growth hormones are pretty much exclusively for America, they don't even inoculate hens!.

In Europe we don't really feed cereals to livestock other than as a small ration, it's primarily grass based because it's cheaper and more natural but understandably a lot slower.

Pigs and chickens are the exception, but even then it's not human grade grains. It's the lower protein quality that can't be used for baking etc.

We could eat most of the grain fed to chicken and pigs, just wouldn't be such a light loaf  like unleavened bread

My missus went vegan for health reasons morecthan animal welfare then read how much crap and chemicals went in the meat free bacon and sausages and just how awful it tasted!

Now a veggie but has some meat products rather than take supplement tablets but does struggle when she sees me with neck fillets of lamb and will struggle to go without fish while on holiday in Crete!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 5thelement said:

It’s the only way if you insist on eating meat for every meal and every day, that’s never been normal behaviour at any point in our evolution. 

What did humans eat during the ice age?

Ice cream?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, 5thelement said:

You are aware that only around a quarter of the earths land mass was actually frozen in the Ice Age right?

Sure

But you are convinced eating so much meat has never been normal at any part of our evolution.  I would say that meat was likely the only constant in our diet as animals of some kind were available year round.

I live in Norway, foraging is pretty much a waste of time. If you want food, you shoot it or catch it. Farming is more or less a non starter on the West Coast.

Fun fact: Wild Reindyr has three times the omega 3 of Wild Salmon. Its so good that it can sell for £130 per kilo!

• Like 3