Emergency TPO

Sarahsmile

52 minutes ago, AHPP said:

Anyway. Hoping to hear from Sarahsmile. She apparently thinks seventy million taxvictims should be paying a tree officer and council hierarchy to be there so she can tell her neighbour he can't cut down his tree if he wants to. I'm interested in her justification. I can only assume she's very, very important.

Have you been distilling the cooking sherry again?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, AHPP said:

Yes. It's a disgrace. 

If there was no planning, your neighbour could build a massive 3 storey 12m extension with balconies that blocks all of you light and over looks your garden so you lose your privacy.  Planning can’t refuse reasonable requests, they wouldn’t be able to defend it on appeal.  They only refuse stuff that has a negative impact on the area or the people that live there. 

AHPP - you have some serious issues Princess.

Envy and bitterness is really rather unattractive.

To those of you who have otherwise made constructive comments, once I thank you.

I shall be on to the TO at the LPA as soon as they open this morning. No developer is going to destroy a beautiful Oak with a very high amenity to the wider public - just so he can circumvent planning law.

A good day to all (except AHPP….)

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

When you make representation to the council keep it factual.  Emotional comments re keeping the tree will be disregarded. Have a look at national and local guidelines on TPO’s and select the most relevant in your circumstances.  
Any development, particularly if it’s dividing down a plot for houses will have a Tree report so there maybe two bites of the cherry should that be the intention of the developer.  
I think the majority of us would be concerned if a neighbouring plot was up ( potentially) for development 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lux said:

When you make representation to the council keep it factual.  Emotional comments re keeping the tree will be disregarded. Have a look at national and local guidelines on TPO’s and select the most relevant in your circumstances.  
Any development, particularly if it’s dividing down a plot for houses will have a Tree report so there maybe two bites of the cherry should that be the intention of the developer.  
I think the majority of us would be concerned if a neighbouring plot was up ( potentially) for development 

That’s right, thanks.

The tree has obvious public amenity - using the TEMPO method, and is at immediate risk - it therefore meets the criteria for an emergency TPO, according to local guidelines.

There is no emotion from my side other than doing what is right for the community.

5 hours ago, peds said:

If it's possible to see a picture of the tree, that'd be smashing. It wouldn't help your case, but everyone loves seeing a nice tree.

I will send one over as soon as the wind stops blowing Peds!

The TO called me back earlier - he sounded very interested and is going to pop over for a look. He said they have previously done an emergency TPO ‘within days’ and that he would alert his planning colleagues.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Sarahsmile said:

I will send one over as soon as the wind stops blowing Peds!

The TO called me back earlier - he sounded very interested and is going to pop over for a look. He said they have previously done an emergency TPO ‘within days’ and that he would alert his planning colleagues.

Sarah,

It might be wise to wait until the TO has had chance to visit and if appropriate set wheels in motion before posting a pic in a public place.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lux said:

Agreed - TPO guidance is available online

7 hours ago, lux said:

It should have but not always.  I did an Arb method statement last week where the whole lot including the survey was secured via condition.  The house is in the RPA as is the parking so its just mitigation.  

7 hours ago, lux said:

i agree 

7 hours ago, lux said:

7 hours ago, Sarahsmile said:

That’s right, thanks.

The tree has obvious public amenity - using the TEMPO method, and is at immediate risk - it therefore meets the criteria for an emergency TPO, according to local guidelines.

There is no emotion from my side other than doing what is right for the community.

Be careful with the expediency assessment.  An immediate risk is when someone calls and says 'is there a TPO on that tree as i want to fell it'.  Or sometimes council's get tipped off by tree surgeons that have been asked to fell something that they don't' think should be felled.  

Yours sounds more like perceived or maybe foreseeable. 

As long as the tree is nice, has reasonable retention potential and is visible then it shouldn't be difficult to get to the required score to justify a TPO.  

• Like 1