Echo 362t - carb tune/baffled removed

Little188

I removed the baffle on my 362t to increase power a little, don’t want to do any other mods. 

im aware I’ll have to adjust the carb a little to compensate and it also could do with a retune as it’s fairly new and broken in now. 

I don’t know what I’m doing with the above. Could I do it myself? Can anyone offer guidance? Am I better giving it to a professional?

cheers 

Tim 

I believe that your saws max revs are 14,000rpm. If you have an ear for tuning carbs on chainsaws, you can tune it by ear. Probably the simplest thing to do is to turn the H screw counter clock wise by 1/4 turn and then check the plug colour is light-dark tan in colour after a couple of hours use.

If you know someone or have a Tach then just tune the saw to around 13500rpm and that should do it.

• 2 weeks later...

I would send it on to Spud and have her properly modified/ported.

Those 355T series Echo's have a lot to give if you mod them right.

My 355 and my 360 both had cats, too, which I had to attack with a die grinder to get out.

8 hours ago, wyk said:

I would send it on to Spud and have her properly modified/ported.

Those 355T series Echo's have a lot to give if you mod them right.

My 355 and my 360 both had cats, too, which I had to attack with a die grinder to get out.

I am out of the game now Wes, did the retirement thing, no idea how I had time for work and living before!! Thanks for the nod though.

• Thanks 1

They are a good solid reliable saw but really do need opening up a bit to cut quicker. 

Trouble is now my benchmark is my ported ms200t courtesy of custom saws. (crocky on here I think)

Man that thing is good, any other top handle feels lame after using it. 

Simon Tranter currently has my 2511 and a larger saw he is working on, looking forward to seeing those back, the ported 2511 will no doubt be used lots. ported , machined, etc etc 

I think the 362 is a really good base saw which should have a lot of gains if worked on. Mine has been ultra reliable.  I will have it ported next 

13500 is the top rpm, (still got the sticker on mine) 

The trick with the 355 series is to use small adjustments on the carb. 

It can be very sensitive to where the low and high are. 

If yours has tabs, you will need to remove them.

You also may need an Echo carb tool(a D or an Oblong usually work fine, I have even used a pacman one to good effect). Still, some of them move easily enough you can use a flathead. But a carb tool is much easier to use as it will stay in place as you make adjustments and test the results.