Jonsered safety interlock - can u help?

purple badger

Hi guys,

First thanks for all the info on this forum as it's helped me loads over the years - I've never posted, because I never thought I could add anything useful, but now maybe I can give something back.

So I've been using my old Sthil 041 for years, but recently I thought I ought to probably get something with a chain brake as I'm not getting any younger! So I got my hands on a decent j-red 630 (yeah I know, I should probably have gone for something more modern, but I loved those saws!)

Anyway, the one thing is missing is the safety interlock in the handle - this is no longer manufacturer by the looks. However, I could easily 3d print it if I had image of the part and some dimensions. 

So does anyone have a 625/630/670 they wouldn't mind popping the interlock out of and taking a photo of it next to a ruler? 

If you did (or even could point me in the direction of a second hand part) I'd model it and put the STL up for free on thingiverse so others could print it themselves or using a 3d print service. These 630s were good machines so it'd be nice to make an obsolete part available for them again.

IMG-20240108-WA0008.jpeg

• Like 2

The part you need is 501 77 33-01

I believe it is still available, I am sure ADW will confirm one way or another - I know it says "out of stock" but L&S will probably be able to get it in from Husqvarna: -

WWW.LSENGINEERS.CO.UK

Lock Lever for Husqvarna Machines Genuine Husqvarna Spare Part OEM Number - 501 77 33 01

• Like 1

Thanks unfortunately I'm in the UK and having just checked the delivery and tax costs would make the price insane ($31). However the photos are useful, I might be able to reconstruct something from that if I measure up my saw. At least I now know what it looks like which is a real step forward. So really appreciated, thanks!

Edited by purple badger

1 minute ago, Dan Maynard said:

Ring up L&S, see what they can do. It says out of stock on the website for nearly all my Makita spares, just means they aren't on the shelf so take a couple of days longer to get in.

Only parts available for jonesred saws are old stock, or you have got to use second hand. 

Jonesred 630 was a great saw of it's time logged tons of timber with one when I worked for someone,