Oregon and Stihl price rises on consumables..

Rob D

After a series of price rises over the last couple of years Oregon have greeted the New Year with.... an even high price rise!

End of an era in some ways. If you see some bargains snap them up now IMO most of our prices on Oregon stuff will go up around 15% in the coming weeks.

From what I can see it is across the board and on all products though it's painful cross referencing spreadsheets and trying to work it all out... However it is fact as in we are Oregon dealers direct so verified.

Seems they are not alone there are some rumoured (insane?) price rises on some of Stihl stuff - carvers be aware the price for 3661 1/4 .050 went up around 50% from what I can find out ie. the new RRP of a reel of 3661 1/4 .050 is now £900+vat (may be higher than that even..).

That may be the extreme end of it (or may have it wrong as we are not allowed to be direct Stihl dealers due to their strict criteria which no way we will pass..)

Still love Stihl products though in case any at Stihl are reading this ;) x

image.png.21d9999ba5ce1c42c6d538f995bf3980.png

Yup, I took a look at some of the spares prices for MS200Ts after offering to help someone out a few weeks back and bloody hell, the difference 18 months makes....the rises are mad.

Same on building materials as well....we are not alone!

9 minutes ago, Stere said:

Maybe  its related thoose guys attacking the boats in the Red Sea, any excuse for a price rise, but they don't go back down after.....

From what I can see from our own imports I think it makes a relatively small difference... but as yet not 100% on that one.

That said the shipping costs got silly during the peak of COVID but they have more than halved since then - prices do come down.. just never back to where they were before!

Next Tsumura order is effected by the Red Sea situation.. adds another 10 days.

'Good afternoon, Rob,

Due to the red sea situation, the vessel contained the subject shipment will now call Southampton ETA 25/01. We will keep an eye on this and keep you update.'

Regards and best wishes

Ref Stihl chain - I would say the best quality chain that is currently available in the world but if you are going to build such great chain - why not build some better reels?? The worst made cardboard chain reels in the world I ask you... any malhandling and you have to re spool it to then make chains. I don't get it - put the prices up if you must but at least improve the existing product sir!

image.png.0ca3dd37ce316585bbba0275b90eac63.png

• Like 1

On 16/01/2024 at 18:22, Steve Bullman said:

Not Arb industry, but one of our suppliers emailed today letting us know their entire (substantial) range was being reduced by 6% due to reduced manufacturing costs, that came as quite a surprise!

Never heard of that before - although a more cynical person could interpret this as 'we have lots of stock we can't sell so we are reducing prices by 6%'!

Just now, Rob D said:

Never heard of that before - although a more cynical person could interpret this as 'we have lots of stock we can't sell so we are reducing prices by 6%'!

We had another wholesaler email this morning announcing similar price drops. I suspect they may be feeling the pinch from the likes of temu 

22 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

We had another wholesaler email this morning announcing similar price drops. I suspect they may be feeling the pinch from the likes of temu 

Yep and saying that they have improved manufacturing efficiency does sound a good way of saying it.. i'll remember that one!