Scam?

eggsarascal

It will be a scam. I don't like the "HTTPS:/./.CMS" address I would think this should be more typically... HTTPS://www.cms............ so it may look convincing but don't believe that this will connect to any government dept.

I don't think HMRC would be asking for your bank details like this, being self employed, you would have already set up your bank details with them so....if you want to lose your £££ then log on and give your bank details to some thieving scum.

As someone else said, they just need one per thousand people and then take each for £1500 to be well in profit and doing very nicely.

1 hour ago, Mesterh said:

Any random text or email asking for bank details is surely a red flag! They are all scams without a doubt. I just delete those things without a second thought.

They obviously work though.

Well it’s basically automated, so if they send out 1 million texts and only get even 2 suckers fall for it they’ve had a pretty good day 

• Like 1

What I don't understand is why banks allow someone to clear your account out in this manner.

My bank stopped and blocked all transactions just before Christmas as I made quite a few online and in-store purchases within 24b hours due to buying kids toys etc. So top marks to mr Coutts, sniff.

But, would they allow someone from South Africa to clear my account out due to a silly mistake? If So why the fck would they allow that transactions but not my daily £20 from my local bargain booze for some Stella?

Joking aside, it's not rocket science to work out what is a genuine transaction and what looks like a100% scam, from the banks point of view.

I went to my local bank branch and TBH, the bank was like a counselling session.

One elderly lady being comforted in one of the side offices being assured that she wasn't about to lose all her money and there was no need to move all her money and one lady at the counter where the staff were trying to stop her transferring £3k to some bloke allegedly on a North Sea Oil rig that needed the money to get off the rig.

It was less of a bank and more citizens advice on that day and probably most days. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, spudulike said:

I went to my local bank branch and TBH, the bank was like a counselling session.

One elderly lady being comforted in one of the side offices being assured that she wasn't about to lose all her money and there was no need to move all her money and one lady at the counter where the staff were trying to stop her transferring £3k to some bloke allegedly on a North Sea Oil rig that needed the money to get off the rig.

It was less of a bank and more citizens advice on that day and probably most days. 

Just like the police force nowadays.

'vunerable people' 'duty of care' etc etc.

• Like 1