Chicken or the egg

Mightbe_lost

1 hour ago, Scotty2809 said:

Or both....

i'm sure you have the shoulders to take the sexist comments.

From my own personal experience, not in ARB but within the engineering industry, i'd rather have a female apprentice/engineer with an attitude to work than a 'road man' turning up stating how he's done it all at his other jobs. Only to find out he's full of 5h1t.

My suggestion would be to phone a few of the local companies, stating that you are trying to gain some experience within the ARB industry, and you are looking to offer your services for free. In return, all you ask is that they are willing to give answers to questions and give you the opportunity to show them you'd be a great asset to the team. Also, which would be a great addition to bring humor and break the ice a little, state that you would also have a stash of biscuits, and a flask of tea at hand.

i'm not sure on your personal circumstances with employment, but offering to be free anytime is always advantageous. 

i'm not sure if any of this helps, but just take this one bit of advice above all. DO NOT GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAMS!

Good luck and stay safe

First rule of a business never insult anyone, and never work for free no matter what!

6 minutes ago, Sviatoslav Tulin said:

First rule of a business never insult anyone, and never work for free no matter what!

well..... you failed on your own rule....

you insulted Mightbe_lost

secondly, have you never done a job that requires no payment? i call these favors. Maybe, chop a tree down in return for the firewood? 

Mightbe_lost is getting payment... in return for her efforts, she is being rewarded with something far more worthwhile, experience. Money cannot buy that.

So, forgive me for disagreeing with both your 'rules' 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Scotty2809 said:

well..... you failed on your own rule....

you insulted Mightbe_lost

secondly, have you never done a job that requires no payment? i call these favors. Maybe, chop a tree down in return for the firewood? 

Mightbe_lost is getting payment... in return for her efforts, she is being rewarded with something far more worthwhile, experience. Money cannot buy that.

So, forgive me for disagreeing with both your 'rules' 

How I insulted her?Never did free work.

3 minutes ago, Sviatoslav Tulin said:

How I insulted her?Never did free work.

Read your previous comments, and the reactions received from Mightbe_lost. 

Seems like you are one of those people that Sh1t glitter. 

you are the type of person that i would happily walk away from, mid conversation.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Excels1or said:

Jesus christ, this post has turned into another dogs abortion. 

Same ol same ol every time a girl asks for arb advice.

I wonder how many thirsty simps have tried to 'slide into her DM's' 🤣 I seem to recall that was a bit of an issue last time a female asked advice and posted some photos of herself...

• Haha 2

The thing is gender doesn’t matter.

It’s that catch 22 of no experience at this stage. 

just need luck and persistence, small things help like  heed the advice to ring rather than email -harder to ignore/say no! 

(but yeah, I’ll agree with doobin and excels1or, it is embarrassing how these threads go) 

• Like 6