Impact Protection Gloves?

Tree Man Tom

hello gang

yep its RSI and also the start of tendernitus, its your bodys way of saying u r taking the p****.

i can sell you a cheap air spade may help??? but seriously, there are laws on your side belive it or notthe phisical agent directive, the thing that protects you aganst aise and vibration kicks in hear and your emplyer has a dutyto you, to protect you the reson it hurts is u r breaking your self for 80 quid a day for your boss.

so have a go get amini digger.

now if he still says no, minimise work by rotating and use good tools, as for gloves, im not your man for that but plese dial the numbe rbelow and ask to talk to terry in the shop, he is the guy who deals with the ox-on glove side of retail and will be able to sell you the best gloves he has for the job.

again though, pleees hassel your boss, machanise in the long run it will save him money

kev

hello gang

yep its RSI and also the start of tendernitus, its your bodys way of saying u r taking the p****.

i can sell you a cheap air spade may help??? but seriously, there are laws on your side belive it or notthe phisical agent directive, the thing that protects you aganst aise and vibration kicks in hear and your emplyer has a dutyto you, to protect you the reson it hurts is u r breaking your self for 80 quid a day for your boss.

now if he still says no, minimise work by rotating and use good tools, as for gloves, im not your man for that but plese dial the numbe rbelow and ask to talk to terry in the shop, he is the guy who deals with the ox-on glove side of retail and will be able to sell you the best gloves he has for the job.

again though, pleees hassel your boss, machanise in the long run it will save him money

kev

:congrats:

And point out to him that actually it would be in his best interest as you will be able to work better without paralysed hands, arms and back. He does indeed have a responsibility to protect you, even more so when there's a viable alternative way of working.

hello gang

kev

I see your point and tbh theres no way I would dig that much without a mini digger, it would no doubt also be a lot more cost effective than digging by hand sinc err thats why they were invented :thumbup1:

But, might the pain not just be the fact that you are using different muscles etc and your body needs time to adjust to it?

I know when I first started climbing my hands would ache alot and this was for months, they soon got used to it though.:001_smile:

IMO everyone shouldnt cry Health and safety at the opportunity ie hard work!

I know the OP didnt do that and is just looking for some decent gloves which sry I cant help you with it was just aimed at Arbocop comments (not offense intented btw :thumbup1:)

Though I know where Arbocop is coming from, unfortunately I also know many employers reaction is just to find some reason to ditch the "trouble-maker" in the crew and get in someone else. As said, try to get some decent impact gloves, decent tools with good quality handles and shafts, point out that maybe a mini-digger will be actually more cost-effective in the long run.