Gasket delete gasket maker

Craigb

Just so you know I’m no expert but I have had some good schooling on this forum. I am indeed removing the gasket to increase compression. You don’t need to do anything else to the saw other than make sure the gases can escape, aftermarket muffler or you can open up your own muffler. This entry level work is like putting a putting a cone filter and a performance exhaust on a xr3. Anyone can do it but the difference is it works. No fancy porting required.

Dirko HT is great. Think that's what Stihl endorses. The tube comes with a little twister thing so you can get every last drop out as well.

On 27/08/2023 at 06:58, Ledburyjosh said:

Does it need to be done along side other 'port' work or can it be a stand alone thing?

Gasket deletion or fitting a thinner gasket will bump up the compression and make her rip more or explode faster. Measure your squish before and after to make sure it's sensible.

I fitted an aftermarket cylinder gasket once without thinking about or measuring squish and later realised the squish band was 0.017" which is apparently dangerously low. Conventional wisdom says aim for 0.020" minimum.

What is the squish in engine? - Quora

Way easier to understand with a diagram for me. Lowering cylinder changes squish and the goings on of the combustion chamber.

Edited by tenner
  • Like 1

Just to say that Dirko red acetic silicone dissolves in petrol like most other silicone sealers and therefore is not suitable for 2 stroke engine crankcase joints or any carb applications etc.. you will end up with an air leak.. sooner or later.👎

This however has been my go to gasket sealant for decades, originally developed by Rolls Royce.

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for HYLOMAR 100g Universal Blue Gasket & Jointing Compound Sealant Instant Gasket at the best online prices at eBay! Free...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Macpherson said:

Just to say that Dirko red acetic silicone dissolves in petrol like most other silicone sealers and therefore is not suitable for 2 stroke engine crankcase joints or any carb applications etc.. you will end up with an air leak.. sooner or later.👎

This however has been my go to gasket sealant for decades, originally developed by Rolls Royce.

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for HYLOMAR 100g Universal Blue Gasket & Jointing Compound Sealant Instant Gasket at the best online prices at eBay! Free...

I have always used Hylomar from back in the 70s . I initially used it coz I liked the " electric blue " color 🙂

• Like 2