Renting out log splitters

Donnie

Another week done another 1000 thoughts on how to make more money. Becoming a curse this. 

Me and my cutting partner were talking the other day there speaking about how to make some passive income or at least semi passive. 

What is the score with renting out a log splitter? No operator. Is there certain insurances you need in place? 

I was looking at the Venom series. The road towable one. 

It's been discussed a few times, buy if you're going to use it yourself regularly but I don't think you'll get much business renting.

There are a few doing rental on eBay, but when you can buy a cheaper venom for £1375. It's an investment fraught with risk with minimal rewards.

• Like 1

It's an interesting one, I think the market might be changeable. For one thing I reckon there are still a dozen piles of logs within 10 miles of here that need cutting and splitting, where homeowners last year said they will keep the wood from a takedown but don't have a splitter and won't enjoy using an axe when they start.

I don't think they want to do the splitting though, you'd be operated hire.

Before thinking about new ideas that will take up your time, ask yourself whether what you’ve got so far is working as well as it could? Your pension for example. Is it going into some stock market lottery that you might (or might not) one day get a return from or have you already got it sipped and earning now?