Anyone weighed in recently?

eggsarascal

1 hour ago, doobin said:

You'll usually get docked for wire, they hate it.

This place have never given a monkeys about anything, but I only ever really take in light iron so it's the lowest rate anyway. 

Its a waste product really,  I normally run it in when I've nothing to do and fancy a cafe breakfast 😆 

Did much better with what I salvaged from my mates bins on Saturday- couple of hundred imperial spanners of various shapes and sizes, (I've boxed up what I wanted, mainly all Britool and King Dick, the rest will be picked through by mates then auto jumbled/scraped) a Ransmes double ended heavy spanner, go nicely with my crawler, a nice digging bar and a pair of decent circlip pliers 👍 

15 hours ago, doobin said:

An 8 yard skip full of electrical motors will be more than worth your time to handball.

Yes of course, anyway, the price isn’t good so they are back up the yard. I got them loaded with a fork truck and there’s a loader where I’m staying to load them back on, I’m in no rush for the money so I’ll sit on them until prices rise. To be fair quite a few of the motors were out of TPS’, two of us would never have hand balled them.

1 hour ago, openspaceman said:

If the scrap price is still dictated by China's demand it may take a while, with deflation there cutting output and their domestic demand down.

Scrap prices are always all over the place, I’ve only weighed in once since I’ve been up here, motors did £490/tonne, that was a few months back. The last couple of days they’ve been anywhere between £380 and £390, I’ll hang in there unless the coffers run short.

1 hour ago, eggsarascal said:

Scrap prices are always all over the place, I’ve only weighed in once since I’ve been up here, motors did £490/tonne, that was a few months back. The last couple of days they’ve been anywhere between £380 and £390, I’ll hang in there unless the coffers run short.

How many ton do you have? 

56 minutes ago, doobin said:

How many ton do you have? 

I don’t know, these motors are off pumps, I’ve stripped the volutes and impellers off them and cut the cable away into different piles, I’ve had four tipper loads out already, with it on its knees, probably another three-four loads to go.