Legit or not??

stihlmadasever

So recently been wearing a fitbit watch to track my calories,steps and cardio "zone" fitness and i was surprised at my calorie burn on a somewhat normal day.Little bit of climbing this morning,back on the deck for about 10am then crosscutting, dragging and chipping till about 5pm.

4770 odd calories....23,358 steps

I know these things are approximate but it does monitor heartbeat so it must be in the ballpark.Anyone else wear one of these watches? And if so whats the craic with them?

1 hour ago, stihlmadasever said:

So recently been wearing a fitbit watch to track my calories,steps and cardio "zone" fitness and i was surprised at my calorie burn on a somewhat normal day.Little bit of climbing this morning,back on the deck for about 10am then crosscutting, dragging and chipping till about 5pm.

I know these things are approximate but it does monitor heartbeat so it must be in the ballpark.Anyone else wear one of these watches? And if so whats the craic with them?

I sometimes wear a Garmin fenix 6 and average about 2400 calories, 12-18000 steps but restricted strenuous activity, try and keep heartrate below 150.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, stihlmadasever said:

I have an Apple Watch, does all the same thing. I do wonder as to the accuracy, and I’m sure some of it is down to guess work, but it’s still going to be a lot better than our own guess work. I look at them as a very useful guide, nothing more. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Bullman said:

I have an Apple Watch, does all the same thing. I do wonder as to the accuracy, and I’m sure some of it is down to guess work, but it’s still going to be a lot better than our own guess work. I look at them as a very useful guide, nothing more. 

My missus has an Apple watch and can bump up the step count by doing her crochet!  So repeated wrist movements seem to count as steps; perhaps that could account for some surprisingly high step counts? 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, nepia said:

My missus has an Apple watch and can bump up the step count by doing her crochet!  So repeated wrist movements seem to count as steps; perhaps that could account for some surprisingly high step counts? 😁

I make sure I wear mine on the left wrist for that very reason 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Sviatoslav Tulin said:

A marathon runner burn about 2500Kcal per race,do you know how he feel next day,so if you burn over 4000 Kcal by manually working I am afraid you gonna die next day🤣So if you burning just 4770 calories you are lazy sod🤪Good manual work about 50 to 100 Kcal per hour 

Yeah its a calorie count across the board ie bmr + exercise so its going to be inflated compared to just exercise calorie burn.Im still convinced it measures hand movements(as mentioned above) as footsteps!

Dont ask how i think this....ahem!

Handy tool to have i was hoping it was legit so i could justify feeding the fat kid in me by eat more cakes.

Back to the protein bars for me then!

Most manual workers are very efficient at burning calories ,we have very different muscles so called long fiber, those similar to marathon runners so that’s why bodybuilders are useless at manual work unless it’s high output for 5min ,after that they useless seen that many times so fatty or skinny people usually way way better at constant manual work ate all about practice 🤓Why I know so much ,Olimpik rowing reserve of Lithuania professional sport nutritionists ,steroids,anabolic and so on🤩Also currently 2 bodybuilders in the family with years of experience .

• Like 3