560xp on a 20?

stihlmadasever

The concave piston is to further reduce heat, however it also has has a different profile piston ring for better sealing to the cylinder, plus different firmware, there should be no noticeable power loss, so no need to be looking ate that German thing!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 29/06/2023 at 20:15, spudulike said:

It is so the tuners can easily improve the performance😀

Quick question for u spud.Settle a long running argument for me.Is a husqy 356 just a poor mans 372?

Edited by stihlmadasever
Spelling

8 hours ago, stihlmadasever said:

Quick question for u spud.Settle a long running argument for me.Is a husqy 356 just a poor mans 372?

Do you mean 365 ? ( not 356 ) . Depends what year model you are talking about . The very early 365 ( orange top cover clips ) was a weaker saw than the 372 . The 365 Special ( grey top cover clips ) was a better saw having the bottom end of a 372 but with a smaller piston and a different carb . This was an under  stressed saw and could last a long time . The more recent Xtorque 365 is pretty much identical to its 372 brother , same capacity it just has some restriction fins in the transfer covers . Remove these fins and you have a 372Xtorque . So , in theory you could buy the slightely cheaper 365Xtorque , remove the fins and have a 372 Xtorque for 365 money Hope this helps .   

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, stihlmadasever said:

I guess so as the 365 (which I assume you mean) is pretty much the same weight and size but with less go than the 372 so you would only purchase one if you didn't have the £££, you couldn't get a 372 due to stock or you wanted to save a small amount of fuel. 

All the 365s are relatively easy to mod up to 372 as they share the same bottom end.

• Like 1

Thanks Stubby, but you lost me a bit, the 365 has always had the same bottom end as the 372, correct me if I’m wrong but I just can’t ever remember the 365 having grey cover clips.

There also was a 362 ,which had the small bar pad.

The first 365 had different shaped inlet and boot, this was changed to the same as the 372 when the special came along, other than that it was just a marketing thing, I can remember sales putting Special stickers on the 50 and watched sales increase.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Stubby said:

theory you could buy the slightely cheaper 365Xtorque , remove the fins and have a 372 Xtorque for 365 money

Late ones were a lot cheaper, so much that it was cheaper to buy the 365 and send it to spud for porting than buy a 372, which is what I did just in time. Can't buy 365 now and spud's retired.....

• Like 2