Anyone use a treepedo ?

Robert_S

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it certainly looks like a lot of design has gone into the product, but, untill I have an opportunity to try it, I think I will be sticking with the throwbags.

It does look good, but alot of design?! It's just a slender piece of hollow metal with a couple of threads!

Sorry Mr Treepedo, I think anything more than £20 is over the top.

I use the Treepedo almost daily. If you are throwing weights at 10 plus meters in thick obtrusive trees the Treepedo will help you with smooth and easy rope access. It is agile and responsive to your command on the line. Works well at what it claims.

Thomas thanks for the replies, i was hoping someone would reply that had used it and did not have a vested interest in the product, i think your replies are always going to be bias to the item.

At £60 it seems expensive but if i ever get a chance to use one and it ticks all the boxes for me personally, then you never know i may part with the money.

Hope the sales go well.

More like "you'll make money if we start to throw one!":001_rolleyes::laugh1::lol:

Whats wrong with making money and whats wrong with spending money on something that works well and moves the traditional throw weight into the

21st century. We live very modestly and I choose arboriculture as my vocation. The throw weight is what you chose and I am here to share with you my re-imagined rope access device/system. I hope some day some one can one up me, but for now you only have two choices and that is better than just one.:thumbup:

It does look good, but alot of design?! It's just a slender piece of hollow metal with a couple of threads!

Sorry Mr Treepedo, I think anything more than £20 is over the top.

The Treepedo is three main seperate pieces. The nose and base cones have differenent inside and outside diameters as well as being chamfered and drilled for adaptability. The internal S.S. weight has three diferent diameters so it fits perfectly with in the two cones. The new weights are being bored out further to get the whole package down to 9 ounces and from there you can build the weight to precisely what you want. There is room for an eye splice and ropes with diameter upto 25mm.

The Treepedo is a beautifully crafted precision tool that performs as claimed and it may have a simple purpose(ease of movement/rope access) but it is accomplished with ingenuity and innovation and precision. I am sure when they invented the throw bag it was concerned a novel idea. The Treepedo is a paradigm shift and I am an agent of change. Why continue doing something the same old way. Take for example the ski. Its Older than the wheel. They both work but sometimes one works better than the other. I am sharing with you my spin on not just the simple throw weight but solve alot of the rope access issues.:beerchug:

Whats wrong with making money and whats wrong with spending money on something that works well and moves the traditional throw weight into the

21st century. We live very modestly and I choose arboriculture as my vocation. The throw weight is what you chose and I am here to share with you my re-imagined rope access device/system. I hope some day some one can one up me, but for now you only have two choices and that is better than just one.:thumbup:

I hear what your saying, but to be honest for many of us who have been in the industry for a long time or leaned from old timers, the throw bag is the up to date tool, we used to use lumps of metal.

I made my first throw weight from a short piece of tube (from an old farm gate) and filled it with molten lead and put a wire loop sticking out to tie the line on. (I made it on site when burning brash)

A guy I climbed for had a large bolt from a "D" shackle as a weight.

These metal weights worked well, but where inherently dangerous and when I got my first throw bag it was so much safer.

I hear what your saying, but to be honest for many of us who have been in the industry for a long time or leaned from old timers, the throw bag is the up to date tool, we used to use lumps of metal.

I made my first throw weight from a short piece of tube (from an old farm gate) and filled it with molten lead and put a wire loop sticking out to tie the line on. (I made it on site when burning brash)

A guy I climbed for had a large bolt from a "D" shackle as a weight.

These metal weights worked well, but where inherently dangerous and when I got my first throw bag it was so much safer.

I like to hear how people have made their own. I have made others as well one with an eye bolt and stacked washers and tons of hockey tape. Lasted almost as long as a throw bag about 1/2 year. I have another one same design and it is a couple of years old and only use it as weight to complete the throw weight, hasn,t seen any action since the TP

You are trying to say a piece of pipe or a shackle pin has the same smooth conical shape, accepts rope for interior and exterior connections. The design, shape, form, near frictionless surface and adaptability come on a throw bag will never be what a Treepedo will be and vice versa. I am just offering up an alternative to Arborists who encounter the same things I have and still do. I will throw it any time any where over the bag. All you need to do is aim, hit your tree/target, isolate and access.

I will throw it, and retrieve from a missed shot and isolate and access in less time and with less aggravation IMHOP.

So at this point I agree to disagree.

I appreciate your opinion and the experience Cheers:001_smile: