Cutting in South Scotland

Donnie

13 hours ago, Doug Tait said:

Just because you fell in monoculture, there's nothing/no-one to hear your saw!

Mrs Miggins really prefers us arb's to be more civilised around her precious trees.

Besides, Blackbriar has taught us by his randomly timed appearance on the daily register that early morning isn't a thing, To quote him "morning is when I turn up".

Another reason I gave up Arb (not being good enough and interaction with customers - I'm not a people person) was, we had a job at a local Centre Parks, they wanted us there at 04:00 (it was summer and daylight) but no saws to be used until 09:00, only hand saws. I would much prefer using a chainsaw to fell as soon as dawn breaks, to dangling 60ft above a lake with a silky saw cutting branches and every time you look down you see perfectly working saws sitting in the back of the truck.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Blackbriarwoods said:

Another reason I gave up Arb (not being good enough and interaction with customers - I'm not a people person) was, we had a job at a local Centre Parks, they wanted us there at 04:00 (it was summer and daylight) but no saws to be used until 09:00, only hand saws. I would much prefer using a chainsaw to fell as soon as dawn breaks, to dangling 60ft above a lake with a silky saw cutting branches and every time you look down you see perfectly working saws sitting in the back of the truck.

To be honest (don't tell Jake this whatever you do!) Mrs Miggins garden ain't all that.

Don't damage the lawn, watch out for the begonias, the edging is fragile, that pointless random sandstone slab in the drop zone, the rotten trinket in the border that the grandkids brought from Spain, dearly departed Tiddles is buried at the base of the tree, or the neighbours daughter must have silence for a zoom interview for uni so dismantle our large Birch in 37mins (Jake was out with us that day!).

I much prefer the jobs around rivers, woodlands, schools, and roads except for the lack of hospitality.

Why do we never get offered spotted dick and custard on school jobs?

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Doug Tait said:

To be honest (don't tell Jake this whatever you do!) Mrs Miggins garden ain't all that.

Why do we never get offered spotted dick and custard on school jobs?

Because if you went and told them that you were only there for the spotted dick and custard, they would revoke your dbs cert.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, JDon said:

@Doug Tait Amber Leaf saved my life 😂😂😂

Here's a wee video of the next few days in this rotten windblown bit all needing cut off, cut to waste and the standing in and amongst it felled. PISH

IMG_3790.jpeg

Thats a tangled mess and no mistake.

Its good for the sole apparently.

Edited by slack ma girdle

22 minutes ago, JDon said:

@Doug Tait Amber Leaf saved my life 😂😂😂

Here's a wee video of the next few days in this rotten windblown bit all needing cut off, cut to waste and the standing in and amongst it felled. PISH

IMG_3790.jpeg

IMG_3792.mov

That was a close one Jake, if you'd have cut right through the pouch you'd have lost your baccy!

• Haha 3