Husqvarna QC330 charging issues

Jon Lad

I have had a QC330 charger for a few years now, it has worked fine during that time; today when I plugged it in there was no sound from it and the green battery light began flashing without a battery put into the charger. 

When a battery was inserted, again there was no noise just the battery light flashing on the charger and nothing flashing on the battery itself; it didn't begin to charge despite being left in it for up to ten minutes.

I wondered whether it has happened to anyone else with this charger?

Edited by Jon Lad

Not sure about that problem. My QC330 stopped working completely. There is a small fuse inside that is soldered to a PCB. Haven't got round to changing it out to see if that helps. 

Were the batteries just used and still warm? Sometimes on quick chargers they spend a bit of time running through a cool down period when a battery goes on charge that has just been used. Might not be anything but that is all I know.... 👍

• Like 1

How long had you had it before it packed in?

No, the batteries weren’t warm; the charger was flashing before a battery had been put into it and when there was one put in, it just continued flashing the same way. 

It’s the only time I’ve had a problem with the charger itself and it will be way out of warranty by now. 

1 hour ago, AJStrees said:

Not sure about that problem. My QC330 stopped working completely. There is a small fuse inside that is soldered to a PCB. Haven't got round to changing it out to see if that helps. 

Were the batteries just used and still warm? Sometimes on quick chargers they spend a bit of time running through a cool down period when a battery goes on charge that has just been used. Might not be anything but that is all I know.... 👍

I strongly advise you do not try to replace this fuse, it has blown for a reason, if you do try use a very low amp fuse, I tried and the damn thing went bang big time.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, adw said:

If the charger is not very cold, and the red triangle is flashing then I am afraid it’s done.

It’s not the red triangle that’s flashing, it’s the green battery but that’s all it does; regardless of whether there’s a battery in it or not. 

4 minutes ago, adw said:

Sorry I miss understood, the flashing green usually means either the battery is too hot, or too cold, or the charger is too cold.

I read that online. 
I can’t understand why though as the charger and batteries were all in the same place they always have been. 
Thanks for the tip though, I will warm them up and try again. 
👍🏻

3 minutes ago, Jon Lad said:

I read that online. 
I can’t understand why though as the charger and batteries were all in the same place they always have been. 
Thanks for the tip though, I will warm them up and try again. 
👍🏻

It's because they now identify as my other half, too hot, too cold.

You'll probably find that only part of the battery is too hot, some vague places will simultaneously be too cold.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

13 minutes ago, Doug Tait said:

It's because they now identify as my other half, too hot, too cold.

You'll probably find that only part of the battery is too hot, some vague places will simultaneously be too cold.

Leave her out in the van on a frosty night, the next morning you go to turn her on and you get the flashing red light of "F*CK OFF I'M TOO COLD YOU C*NT WHAT DID YOU LEAVE ME OUT HERE FOR" 

:001_wub: