Ms500i issue

Ledburyjosh

My fuel solenoid had to be recalibrated at only 2 months old. The saw became a pig to start so it went back to Buxton's. 
Apparently Stihl are recommending giving primer pumps every time you start it.

Never had any fluttering issues at high revs though.

The saw was one a picked up 2md hand in the weekend. In ran fine whilst I was there.

I've since rang the fella back who sold it, after a brief chat he got pretty nasty and has since blocked my number

So I'm not sure on the history of the saw.

I just picked it up from the shop, it has the wrong fuel filter on, which potentially let in some crap to the injectors. Amd it's had fresh air filter.

It now does run, but not 100%. There advice was to run a couple of tanks of fuel through it and see if it clears out anything.

If not it will be check the piston to make sure it's not damaged and then new injectors ..

I wish it was possible to buy something 2md hand without worry of being ripped off.

I “drop started” mine the other week, with the throttle pulled (someone had cut bailer twine and it was stuck in the clutch🤬) and it did the exact same thing, wouldn’t rev out and just bogged down. Soon as I got the clutch cleared and started it normally it was fine-I’m not 100% but it seemed to be a safety feature that it won’t rev out if the throttle is pulled during start up or the chain is running. Might be worth a look? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Treetom15 said:

I “drop started” mine the other week, with the throttle pulled (someone had cut bailer twine and it was stuck in the clutch🤬) and it did the exact same thing, wouldn’t rev out and just bogged down. Soon as I got the clutch cleared and started it normally it was fine-I’m not 100% but it seemed to be a safety feature that it won’t rev out if the throttle is pulled during start up or the chain is running. Might be worth a look? 

That’s what bucking billy found out 🤔🙄😉

not that I watch hardly any of his stuff, i was just interested in the 500i he posted up