Ifor Williams tipping trailer with hiab

Philip chambers

3 hours ago, dumper said:

Keep looking at these, the nose weights must be huge on a unladen trailer, and capacity must be under two tonnes probably closer to 1.5 tonnes, against an investment of over £10.000. Are they realistically worthwhile?

it tows better unladen than i thought it would to be honest. yes you can feel it but it's not that bad

trailer weighs just under a ton, crane etc is about 500 they say.

cost me just over 5

• Steve Bullman changed the title to Ifor Williams tipping trailer with hiab

1 hour ago, Philip chambers said:

Hi all, home time cup off tea and biscuits as you do small and deceiving But perfect 0D4C494C-C10A-44ED-BB66-C6B59423308C.thumb.jpeg.d10c14515d95a37e533d5594eeb6ff38.jpeg13 7 foot trunks approximately 12 inches to 15 inches diameter and half a dozen or more small logs with a quarter of a load to go what do you guys think

Anything that makes life easier and saves manual labour is a winner for me.

But for £15k I would just buy a mini loader and then you've got something to load the trailer and drag the logs round from the back garden!

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, doobin said:

Anything that makes life easier and saves manual labour is a winner for me.

But for £15k I would just buy a mini loader and then you've got something to load the trailer and drag the logs round from the back garden!

I did think of going down that road am I use the trailer for delivering logs and other work I did want to get a advant but for where I work and how much I would use it I will get more use with the crane and tipping trailer 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Philip chambers said:

I did think of going down that road am I use the trailer for delivering logs and other work I did want to get a advant but for where I work and how much I would use it I will get more use with the crane and tipping trailer 

I was thinking more Sherpa than Avant. 

It sounds as if the hydraulics for the crane are operating off a standalone petrol engine.  Is that built in to the trailer?  If so, did you consider an electric hydraulic motor running off the trailer's battery (assuming it has powered tip)?  Might that help to lower the nose weight (and cost)?

12 hours ago, waterbuoy said:

It sounds as if the hydraulics for the crane are operating off a standalone petrol engine.  Is that built in to the trailer?  If so, did you consider an electric hydraulic motor running off the trailer's battery (assuming it has powered tip)?  Might that help to lower the nose weight (and cost)?

Would be far too slow for repetitive use and would also exceed the motor duty cycle and battery capacity very quickly. 

• Like 2