Feed rollers stopping

dig-dug-dan

Any ideas what's going on here? It was bad at the start of the day, sometimes rollers wont go forwards or back, the it will work for 5 mins or so, the stop again. Earlier they stopped , I left it running full revs for 5 mins, came back and pressed the button and off it went, worked for half a dozen branches or so, the stopped again.

Have taken apart all multiplugs and cleaned them, checked the control box etc. 

Got bart chipper doctor coming out Tuesday to site, but I thought someone would know here first?

dont know what machine you have( didnt watch the video)

but on some machines you can manualy bypass all the antistress electrics, this may help pin point the issue.

i think some forward/.reverse hydrulic  valves have solenoids with a red light on, you could check this when its working , then when it isnt.

sorry a bit vague but iam not much of a chipper mech, just vague memories from breakdowns!!

2 hours ago, dig-dug-dan said:

Hadnt considered that. I will check

If that doesn’t solve it, it could be electrical issues causing the no stress to play up. I know you’ve said about cleaning the connections etc but how good is your battery? I had issues another time the same and I found my battery was really low on charge and after charging it right up the problem disappeared. How a battery can turn over an engine but not power the no stress correctly is a mystery I never understood but charging the battery definitely solved it for me. 
So I had the problem twice. Both solutions were completely different!

4 hours ago, dig-dug-dan said:

Any ideas what's going on here? It was bad at the start of the day, sometimes rollers wont go forwards or back, the it will work for 5 mins or so, the stop again. Earlier they stopped , I left it running full revs for 5 mins, came back and pressed the button and off it went, worked for half a dozen branches or so, the stopped again.

Have taken apart all multiplugs and cleaned them, checked the control box etc. 

Got bart chipper doctor coming out Tuesday to site, but I thought someone would know here first?

have a look at the limit switches.....I had a similar problem with my TW150.....cleaning and spraying contact cleaner on the green feed limit switch fixed it.....

17 hours ago, Mike F said:

have a look at the limit switches.....I had a similar problem with my TW150.....cleaning and spraying contact cleaner on the green feed limit switch fixed it.....

This machine is a let entec, 1999. It's an unusual model, believed to be a factory project, it's got two speed rollers.

I'm not sure what you mean  by limit switches?

18 hours ago, dangb93 said:

If that doesn’t solve it, it could be electrical issues causing the no stress to play up. I know you’ve said about cleaning the connections etc but how good is your battery? I had issues another time the same and I found my battery was really low on charge and after charging it right up the problem disappeared. How a battery can turn over an engine but not power the no stress correctly is a mystery I never understood but charging the battery definitely solved it for me. 
So I had the problem twice. Both solutions were completely different!

It's a new battery, so hoping its not that!

Maybe limit switch on the stop bar has corrosion or bad connection.

You could by pass to see if it stays running (obviously, don’t operate without stop bar working.).

another possibility is emergency stop button , check for corrosion, bad connections.

this can also be bypassed.