Music on an android mobile

Doug Tait

If you only ever listen to a few albums than a cheap ipod or similar might be good enough... second hand off an auction site. Then the problem is downloading what you want still remains - can you get someone to put the few albums you like on one? no reception, no subscription, no worries of trashing a few hundred pounds worth of phone, saves the phone battery life.

Me... still use a Sonic Erikson with buttons - no one has ever been able to explain any benefits of anything else to me (sit at a computer all the working day, if I want social media it is there on a 16" screen, if I want to see a show, I have a massive tV (more than the 12" B&W we had when I was a kid at least), want music... car has a CD player, similarly car has sat-nav, house has a CD player, elsewhere I am happy to listen to life happening)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steven P said:

If you only ever listen to a few albums than a cheap ipod or similar might be good enough... second hand off an auction site. Then the problem is downloading what you want still remains - can you get someone to put the few albums you like on one? no reception, no subscription, no worries of trashing a few hundred pounds worth of phone, saves the phone battery life.

Me... still use a Sonic Erikson with buttons - no one has ever been able to explain any benefits of anything else to me (sit at a computer all the working day, if I want social media it is there on a 16" screen, if I want to see a show, I have a massive tV (more than the 12" B&W we had when I was a kid at least), want music... car has a CD player, similarly car has sat-nav, house has a CD player, elsewhere I am happy to listen to life happening)

That's a thought Steven, someone gave me an iPod years ago which I never used, I think after discovering I needed an apple account to put anything on it. Maybe I can find it and get someone to prep it for me. Thanks for reminding me!

• Like 1

I will tend to listen to the same few albums over and over so maybe not such a weird habit. Also I hate the idea of £10 a month on music, over the last 10 years I have not spent £1200 on CD, don't want to get caught up in this modern move to make monthly outgoings creep up and up with £10 here and £10 there.

I have an app called Musicolet on the phone, which plays MP3 files. Mostly I rip CDs and transfer to the phone on a USB cable, you can buy MP3 albums and download to the phone direct but it's not as popular any more.

I then have a Bluetooth speaker in the van, was only about £40 and much easier than fitting a radio.

• Thanks 1

Spotify on iPhone, cheap gamer headphones. Lead with iPhone plug on one end and speaker/headphone jack

on other (there’s a name for it but I’m too old to know it)

same lead work in truck.

easy on phone battery, great in tractor or mini digger 

• Like 1

OP isn't too keen on a premium service to listen to half a dozen albums, £120 a year is quite a lot for that + cost of the phone itself (based on the comment that it's the premium services that let you download music, the rest is streaming - which is no good if out of phone reception range).

Maybe something like this - preloaded with older albums... you might get lucky with something you like!

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Supereye M5 mp3 player 32Gb Bluetooth. Used but in good condition. FM radio. 150-odd albums but mostly old stuff.<br>

Edited by Steven P
  • Like 1