Whats everyone paying monthly for insurance and who are you with?

Excels1or

Insurance costs buttons here in Sweden

Full insurance for our forwarder, V8 Scania lorry, public liability and employers liability costs £1020 a year. So £85 a month.

It would be fully ten times that in the UK, as I remember my premium for employers, public, general tools and one forwarder was £7600. 

1 hour ago, Big J said:

Full insurance for our forwarder, V8 Scania lorry, public liability and employers liability costs £1020 a year. So £85 a month.

It would be fully ten times that in the UK, as I remember my premium for employers, public, general tools and one forwarder was £7600. 

Wow.  If you tell us the schools are great and health care superb and the streets free of litter and yobs, I will conclude you are actually posting from heaven.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Squaredy said:

Wow.  If you tell us the schools are great and health care superb and the streets free of litter and yobs, I will conclude you are actually posting from heaven.

You do get some litter on the roads into villages - beer and energy drink cans and McDonalds mainly. Not as much as the UK by a long shot, but it still annoys me! 

I can't fathom the high insurance costs in the UK. Fair enough, there is a bit less of a chance here of machines being stolen or vandalised, but how can the public liability be so much lower? Perhaps because our work sites are so remote, you don't have any interaction with the public. For the lorry, the roads are huge and mostly traffic free, so less chance of an accident? But then there are a lot of moose and deer.

Who knows?!

4 hours ago, Big J said:

Regardless of the cheap Swedish insurance, that sounds like you were getting shafted for insurance here. No way a forwarder plus some tools should be that much.

44 minutes ago, doobin said:

Regardless of the cheap Swedish insurance, that sounds like you were getting shafted for insurance here. No way a forwarder plus some tools should be that much.

I did shop around a bit. It was the £150k subcontractors employers liability that took it up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big J said:

You do get some litter on the roads into villages - beer and energy drink cans and McDonalds mainly. Not as much as the UK by a long shot, but it still annoys me! 

I can't fathom the high insurance costs in the UK. Fair enough, there is a bit less of a chance here of machines being stolen or vandalised, but how can the public liability be so much lower? Perhaps because our work sites are so remote, you don't have any interaction with the public. For the lorry, the roads are huge and mostly traffic free, so less chance of an accident? But then there are a lot of moose and deer.

Who knows?!

Yeah I was wondering if the claim culture is not such a thing in Sweden maybe?  I am with NFUM and over the last twelve years I have noticed they seem more and more obsessed with every little risk.  I do get the feeling we live in a society where we are becoming experts at finding things to claim money for.  I wonder how many claims FC are dealing with at any one time?