Screwfix boots

Mark Bolam

The OP's boots are what I'd call farmer's boots rather than riggers. Much better fit with the elasticated side panels. 

Well made brands make really good work boots. I've had a pair for about four years. Don't remember what make but that's the longest I've had a pair of boots last in the building trade. Lace-ups usually 18 months if I'm lucky, even the expensive ones. I treat them with saddlery beeswax and they're pretty waterproof and very hard-wearing. 

I'd want to try a pair on before buying though. Width fit is important, not having laces. If they're wide you'll swim about in them. They want to be snug enough to need a solid pull on the heel tab to get them on. Then they're really comfortable.

Edited by Gimlet

I’ve had them. Good boots. Plus screw fix guarantee everything for 12 months. If they start to fail after 11 months, go back to store, they will pull up the sales invoice from there system, and swap for new. No quibble, irrelevant of how much abuse you have given them. 

• Thanks 1

On 21/01/2023 at 18:17, Mark Bolam said:

Yeah boi!

Just want to avoid digging holes in £250 chainsaw boots!

3A9C062B-8C92-4C39-9D34-1113DBC9B931.jpeg

You not got a digger hire shop near you? Nutter!
The hire rates this way wouldn’t of been much more than the boots, been done by dinner and not broke sweat!

• Haha 3