who owns tree after quote / invoice

Czlowiek Drzewo

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think comunication is the key!!!

I don't charge for removing the timber unless its a long drag, I tell them the timber is only worth the time and trouble it takes me to move it.

I always check with them the night before if we are removing the timber, so if I take a trailer because they said I was having the wood, they would need to cover my costs if they then choose to keep it.

Thanks for the great advice. very good replys.

I am going to change my quotations the be more legal.

instead of price for whole job i will charge price for felling,seperate price for removal and price if they want all the timber cut up.

It turned out ok and i got the keep the timber ( oak ) and i have spent most of saturday milling it up. going to make a coffee table. :001_smile:

though i did have couple of neighbours wander onto site with wheel barows and help themselfs the out split firewood.:sneaky2:

my view is that once the client has accepted my quote with the words "all waste removed from site" the wood then belongs to me, prior to quoting i will ask the client if they want the chip or the wood,most people are glad to see the back of it

unfortunatly alot of clients now are ellecting to keep the chip:thumbdown:

All waste removed from site,means all tree waste from the job,waste regs not so bureaucratic over here(yet)

I avoid the local tip at all costs if i can,not only do you have to pay to tip its also a good place to get a puncture

all the chip gets sold,the millable sections come back to my yard and get sawn up and the rakings go to the yard and eventually will go to tip when they get out of hand

We recycle as much as possible:001_smile: