It's poll time 😊 This week it's about your age when you started in Arb 🌳

KateH

It's poll time 😊 This week it's about your age when you started in Arb 🌳  

33 members have voted

1. 1. How old were you when you started out in Arb?

• 0-20 yeas old
    • 21-30 years old
    • 31-40 years old
    • 41-50 years old
    • 50+

1 hour ago, KateH said:

Thanks for such a considered reply. Out of interest did you fnd that getting your tickets changed anything about how you worked or the sort of work you won? 😊Kate

Kate I already had a client list ranging from private customers, companies, councils, FC , RSPB and many more but the loop was closing with old school site agents retiring off and the new breed of safety officers who didn’t know the job on site but knew what contractors needed to have.

The difference it made was I didn’t need to employ climbers with tickets to put on the RAMS for the jobs.

So it gave me freedom from stress of employment problems that I was always poor at managing. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Stephen Blair said:

Kate I already had a client list ranging from private customers, companies, councils, FC , RSPB and many more but the loop was closing with old school site agents retiring off and the new breed of safety officers who didn’t know the job on site but knew what contractors needed to have.

The difference it made was I didn’t need to employ climbers with tickets to put on the RAMS for the jobs.

So it gave me freedom from stress of employment problems that I was always poor at managing. 

Thanks for that Stephen, a really interesting insight into the situation. Do you think that, apart from private curtomers, the above clirents would now look to see climbing tickets before work was undertaken? Kate

5 hours ago, KateH said:

That's fascinating. Are you the same David who's into mycology? If so I've send you a private message on Arbtalk and would love a brief chat. If not thanks for answering anyway! Kate 

That’s the fella.

He’s a really fun gi.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, KateH said:

Thanks for that Stephen, a really interesting insight into the situation. Do you think that, apart from private curtomers, the above clirents would now look to see climbing tickets before work was undertaken? Kate

100 %, all RAMS include staff tickets. That cover all aspects of the job, digger, chipper, Mewps, felling, climbing, Windblow .

Bigger clients will ask for updated info every year to stay on the contractors list.  It’s so much easier now we have technology in our pockets .

• Thanks 1