How can I make my 201tc more powerful (without porting it)

Maxd

5 minutes ago, Rich Rule said:

Not noticed that myself Matty.  I have 3 ms200t’s.  Some properly ported by Spud and another with a 11mm hole drilled in the muffler.

All three were noticeably more powerful than a stock saw and exhaust.

Aye but they are ported too so you get the benefit.. my feeling was when they started getting cracks in the exhaust they lost a lot of torque, sounded and picked up great though… if you liked hearing damage. 

The MS200 benefits from a muffler mod but doesn't like any ignition advance.

I stopped drilling holes in MS201 mufflers a long time ago and just opened up the outlet hole with a dremel....much neater job but same effect.

TBH, I never bothered "Porting" MS201Ts as they responded so well to a bit of muffler and flywheel work and a change of air filter.

Before anyone says anything...I charged a much lower cost for MS201t modification and stated the work done on the invoice:thumbup:

• Like 3

21 hours ago, spudulike said:

The MS200 benefits from a muffler mod but doesn't like any ignition advance.

I stopped drilling holes in MS201 mufflers a long time ago and just opened up the outlet hole with a dremel....much neater job but same effect.

TBH, I never bothered "Porting" MS201Ts as they responded so well to a bit of muffler and flywheel work and a change of air filter.

Before anyone says anything...I charged a much lower cost for MS201t modification and stated the work done on the invoice:thumbup:

Could you add some photos of how to do the work on the ms201t

3 hours ago, Maxd said:

Could you add some photos of how to do the work on the ms201t

Aim to make the hole about twice the original size. If you can sneak under the deflector and enlarge the hole that's great, I chose to drill down through both, shape the slot and then cap the deflector as I don't have a Dremel. Useful increase in power for not much hassle and low risk of problems.

I think if your saw is 2016 it's probably tcm so will autotune to compensate. Do you have carb adjusting screws?