Husqvarna 325 HE4 problems

HedgeHog

I got 2 hedgtrimmers from Husqvarna: 325 HE4.

A few mounts ago the guiding plate which i'm holding broke and then connecting rod also broke.

It went to service and the parts got fixed.

Still...1 week later same happened again. Broken guiding plate and rod.

I know this thin "plate" called washer seems to break easy and then create some slack.

My second trimmer also suffered a broken guide plate again.

Anyone else has countered this problem? 

Next step would be to change all in there but it begins to cost more than it taste now in repairs.

300 pounds in professional service/parts/repairs and still.. i cant rely on the tools when i do service for customers :/ 

DSC_0785.JPG

The gearbox looks devoid of any grease, however the plate you are refering to is only there to stop the top rod from lifting, if you hit somthing metal in the hedge this will cause the rod to be forced up hard against the plate, and can cause it to break, i have only seen them worn from age, never broken.

• Like 1

I agree......never had an issue except for impact damage failure

There is a lot of 'blueing' to the con rod in the pic. Indicating a lot of heat has been generatied in there. Like has been said, there's not a lot of grease in there- and grease doesn't just lubricate but is cools. Have the components been re-fitted correctly? Causing blueing like that is not just an indication as to a lack of lubrication, but potentially interfering with each other causing unnecessary friction.

Edited by pleasant

Its correct. i have noticed the heat. The connecting rod seems to interfer with the guiding plate. 

It has just mm clearense when i cut with the " normal angle" . Holding it upside down - then the parts touches. I thought at first the grease should fix this, but metal to metal aint normal. 

It was greased up good when i had it from service. But now when i have to regulary check it, i just grease it less - so its less messy when i must take the parts up. 

It was just strange that it broke down 1 week after it got checked by professionals.

Greased up good and everything. Seems the thin "wave plate" broke.

Has worked fine for years - tho now its just trouble. 

i shall investigate more after i have ordered a new plate. takes 1-2 weeks to get it.

It would help to see a picture of the clearence between plate and rod - how its ment to be.

Its like pressure on the cutting knives makes the connecting rod touch the plate.

Its difficult to know how its supposed to be when its new and perfect. 

Nr 26 broke 1 week after service - wich i think created some turbulence and the plate and rod broke.

Do u guys think it would be wise to get a new nr 23? cause i have noticed its a tiny slack on how the rods fits onto it. Or maybe its just how its supposed to be? 

Bevel Gear Assembly for Husqvarna 325 HE4 Hedge Trimmers