Soap is unaffordable now apparently…

Squaredy

1 hour ago, Billhook said:

Still not worth picking it up after you have dropped it in a communal shower!

Communal shower - No way!!

If folk want to see me wet and covered in soap in the shower they can pay for my OnlyFans like everyone else 😲😱

😂🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

Theres loads of different bars of soap in the supermarket shelves though? 

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/search?query=soap

I don't want this to be the start of everyone thinking I'm obsessed with soap, but I think the most choice was probably the 90s. I reckon this is likely to be because of all the coloured bath suites, so you could get soap in white, pink, blue, green, yellow to match the sink. You'd also get small round handbasin soap, small bar hand soap, and bath soap which were bigger. Multiply up all the combinations and there were shelves of it.

Another example, Imperial Leather in your link only available one size in white, packs of four. You'd get hand and bath sizes, white and yellow, singles and four packs.

Ah those were the days.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Dan Maynard said:

I don't want this to be the start of everyone thinking I'm obsessed with soap, but I think the most choice was probably the 90s. I reckon this is likely to be because of all the coloured bath suites, so you could get soap in white, pink, blue, green, yellow to match the sink. You'd also get small round handbasin soap, small bar hand soap, and bath soap which were bigger. Multiply up all the combinations and there were shelves of it.

Another example, Imperial Leather in your link only available one size in white, packs of four. You'd get hand and bath sizes, white and yellow, singles and four packs.

Ah those were the days.

There also used to be (not sure if anyone will remember these) stainless steel bars of soap; round about 1978/80. Well there was 'no soap' just a soap shaped metal block that you washed your hands with.

Anyone?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, John Skinner said:

There also used to be (not sure if anyone will remember these) stainless steel bars of soap; round about 1978/80. Well there was 'no soap' just a soap shaped metal block that you washed your hands with.

Anyone?

Wasn't really to wash your hands as such, rubbing them in your hands got rid of strong odours such as onion and the like.

Still got one somewhere.

• Like 2

What's the difference between coal tar soap and carbolic soap? Wider internet not providing clear answer. Looks a bit like all coal tar is carbolic but not all carbolic is coal tar, or similar.

Either way, I bought a load of both (Wrights and Lifebuoy) the other day, as well as twenty bars of Pears and forty quid of razor blades. Shouldn't need to think about that for another decade.