Leaflet pushed thro my door.

PeteB

Couple of things that made me chuckle, my drive etc doesn't need doing the fence is fine and there are no trees in my back garden.

Maybe I ought to ring him and invite him round - then try and sell him a chipper. Then he too can join the Wee Chipper Club!

On the other hand, I'd never be happy leaving GreenMech stock at home:blushing:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it must be the season for it, i had to take a small branch off a job today, and 2 dors up were the yahoos, the nieghbours extension was covered in branches, ripps and brash everywhere, a fire in the garden beside the main rd and it was a million pound house, oh and a conservation area to boot.

what are your guys views on using lealets like this to attract some work? ive been putting together a small leaflet myself with information on work i can do, aiming for little domestic jobs for experience and to run my car and eating habits. I know there are people against this and i am looking for work in arb companies too, but my turn ahsnt come round for a place in those companies yet. so im looking to find some work myself. i know a few classmates with tickets and also know a few other people, so im not short of help if i need it.

i just dont want to fall under the category of a leaflet pusher who knows how to start a saw and cut a piece of timber. and climb a tree with some bale twine and a rickety ladder.

^^^ Nothing wrong with dropping a few leaflets imo, you have to start somewhere, in fact the other week when I was working in town I leafletted the surrounding area and picked up half a dozen jobs. I would choose your wording carefully, if possible be 'face-to-face" and introduce yourself. be selective where you leaflet, no sense posting where there are no trees/hedges. By far the best advert is word of mouth, once you get your toe in the door, carry out the jobs to the best of your abilities, take care to do everything to the highest standards, one good job can win you 3 more, one bad job can cost you 10. All the best:001_smile:

Couple of things that made me chuckle, my drive etc doesn't need doing the fence is fine and there are no trees in my back garden.

Maybe I ought to ring him and invite him round - then try and sell him a chipper. Then he too can join the Wee Chipper Club!

On the other hand, I'd never be happy leaving GreenMech stock at home:blushing:

Invite him round to look at your chipper? Hope your insured well , because there would be a good chance of a break in shortly after their visit.

^^^ Nothing wrong with dropping a few leaflets imo, you have to start somewhere, in fact the other week when I was working in town I leafletted the surrounding area and picked up half a dozen jobs. I would choose your wording carefully, if possible be 'face-to-face" and introduce yourself. be selective where you leaflet, no sense posting where there are no trees/hedges. By far the best advert is word of mouth, once you get your toe in the door, carry out the jobs to the best of your abilities, take care to do everything to the highest standards, one good job can win you 3 more, one bad job can cost you 10. All the best:001_smile:

:congrats: spot on advice there Andy.

IMO a leaflet this bad would only appeal to the dimwit type of customer who is incapable of engaging the services of a professional to do the job anyway.

Whenever I see the pikeys working round here it's normally for thickos with dog-s*** covered gardens who want a mega cheap job.

You're better off without them!

thanks for that. Best advice I could ask for! I've been discussing it with a few classmates and my dad and I'm choosing to go round a few estates where there seems to be a little more money around (and trees!). around some places I will be knocking on the doors and talking face to face with asany as possible. I've got photos of myself working on the leaflet so straight away the leaflet is more personal. I just don't know how many places to leaflet. I'll be using the few local chippys and stuff to get more people to see it hopefully. Plus with a 10% off offer on the leaflet if it's produced