Are you going to admit it?

eggsarascal

Just now, eggsarascal said:

The likes of me, you mean people who disagree with your ridiculous ideas, and 51 isn’t really old. If you’d have held ya lip I might have put some effort into a reply.

The likes you and your social status old man. 

I dont 'held my lip' to many people. I offer those that deserve it a level of decorum. But bottom feeders that suggest I 'held my lip' certainly dont remotely figure on my radar.

You have a track record of going after the strawman when you dont like the turn of events Gramps. Its habitual, tiresome and predictable. 

If you could portray a 7 year old girl pointing for not getting her way in a thesaurus then your post would be a prime candidate.  

Untouched by Time's turning pages,

Those beloved, hated faces,

Which once were great and graven,

Are floating on the tide.

Lost in multitudes of meddlers,

Who beach and rot before the noonday sun.

Each wave loading on befoulment;

Promenaders cheer them on.

Give us a household name, oh Sea!

- or do we wait in vain?

Send storm, and clean the sand of stink and stain.

Or send ashore the kraken; end the game.

- Haironyourchest Byshe Frost                   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Haironyourchest said:

Untouched by Time's turning pages,

Those beloved, hated faces,

Which once were great and graven,

Are floating on the tide.

Lost in multitudes of meddlers,

Who beach and rot before the noonday sun.

Each wave loading on befoulment;

Promenaders cheer them on.

Give us a household name, oh Sea!

- or do we wait in vain?

Send storm, and clean the sand of stink and stain.

Or send ashore the kraken; end the game.

- Haironyourchest Byshe Frost                   

Good grief. Stick to the tinfoil. :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

So to cut to the chase he had a beer during Covid?

You must be absolutely fookin livid.

All this time you have been against any restrictions then you find out the person imposing these restrictions didn't abide by them.

I bet there is no chance whatsoever that you would vote tory ever again.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

All this time you have been against any restrictions then you find out the person imposing these restrictions didn't abide by them.

Not at all, if you broke him in two it would say, Tory through and through, similar to Blackpool Rock.

But keep this in mind, it’s the likes of Trig that have bought the tories down without even realising it.

• Haha 2

If I may take an analytical view for a moment, the biggest practical issue (leaving aside the frequent and pointless popularity contests the Tories seem to enjoy having at the moment) is a lack of money. 

In reversing Liz Truss's insane mini budget, Jeremy Hunt was able to roughly half the budgetary black hole, but that still leaves a £40 billion shortfall.

So just to balance the books, £40b needs to be found in either cuts or tax rises. 

Add to that the fact that at the present level of funding, basic services are not being adequately provided. NHS, education, emergency services, infrastructure, transport. The list goes on.

This is a poison chalice for any government to take on, let alone another Tory government who cannot escape some degree of responsibility for the previous 12 years of failure. 

To coronate yet another Tory PM and expecting a different outcome seems like an exercise in insanity. Repeating the same action and expecting a different outcome and all that. 

How best to tackle this though? In my view, the situation the UK finds itself in now is at least in part due to a large scale transfer of wealth from the public coffers to private individuals and companies. Widescale privatisation, lobbied interests and cronyism has only worsened over the past 12 years. The final straw was Truss's attempt to simply and overtly pander to these interest groups with her mini budget. At least at this point there was some pushback.

I've got absolutely no idea how the next government can fix this extraordinary funding gap. In a time where more needs to be spent on public services and taxes need to be reduced to ease the cost of living crisis, the prospect of cutting funding and increasing taxes seems unconscionable. 

• Like 3

We're going in circles aren't we, need George Osborne and his austerity program to balance the books. Also, the last three PMs have failed to actually sort out Northern Ireland position in Brexit so the phrase "get Brexit done" still haunts the next one.

The Boris effect is absolutely shocking, he did so much in power that other PM's would have resigned for that he created a whole new lower standard. The fact that he's managed to shrug all that off and even remotely be in the frame is just astounding. But I wouldn't bet against anything right now.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Big J said:

If I may take an analytical view for a moment, the biggest practical issue (leaving aside the frequent and pointless popularity contests the Tories seem to enjoy having at the moment) is a lack of money. 

In reversing Liz Truss's insane mini budget, Jeremy Hunt was able to roughly half the budgetary black hole, but that still leaves a £40 billion shortfall.

So just to balance the books, £40b needs to be found in either cuts or tax rises. 

Add to that the fact that at the present level of funding, basic services are not being adequately provided. NHS, education, emergency services, infrastructure, transport. The list goes on.

This is a poison chalice for any government to take on, let alone another Tory government who cannot escape some degree of responsibility for the previous 12 years of failure. 

To coronate yet another Tory PM and expecting a different outcome seems like an exercise in insanity. Repeating the same action and expecting a different outcome and all that. 

How best to tackle this though? In my view, the situation the UK finds itself in now is at least in part due to a large scale transfer of wealth from the public coffers to private individuals and companies. Widescale privatisation, lobbied interests and cronyism has only worsened over the past 12 years. The final straw was Truss's attempt to simply and overtly pander to these interest groups with her mini budget. At least at this point there was some pushback.

I've got absolutely no idea how the next government can fix this extraordinary funding gap. In a time where more needs to be spent on public services and taxes need to be reduced to ease the cost of living crisis, the prospect of cutting funding and increasing taxes seems unconscionable. 

You mention the £40 billion black hole J !!. Did people not think the absolutely irresponsible throwing around of so called free money during the previous couple of years covid lunacy would not at some point come back to haunt us. The outrage we saw and still see towards political types of all parties whom didn’t adhere to the  restrictions should have been directed at the whole concept of lockdowns and restrictions themselves at the time. I look back at that period and still can’t believe people were that easily cowed. It’s a whole different topic but the fact is our state or local government ran services including the beloved but grossly wasteful NHS are as big a money pit as you will ever see, like yourself I don’t have a clue as to how it’s fixable under the current political system’s, but was that in reality  the desired end result 🤷‍♂️

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Mesterh said:

Not livid in the slightest. BJ did what I’d have done in his position and did what I did anyway. 

Bring BJ back. ;)

10 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

Not at all, if you broke him in two it would say, Tory through and through, similar to Blackpool Rock.

But keep this in mind, it’s the likes of Trig that have bought the tories down without even realising it.

You keep saying the Tories have been brought down. They’re still in power and will be for at least two years more. If they lose in two years then you can trot out that tired old line but it reeks of desperation repeating it again and again when it’s simply not true. You’re not 7 anymore so you should realise that no matter how much you say something it does not make it true or happen. You need to grow up Grandpa.