Reclaimed chipper

Dillinger86

How have you got it back if youve been paid out for it? I had a Motorbike stolen and paid out by the insurance and when it was found dumped on waste land a month later the police recovered it and the insurance company collected it from the police. I found out where it was via a community facebook post and offered to go and get it from the bottom of the ditch but the police said as ive received payment from the insurance company i dont own the bike anymore so had no claims to it.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ChrisNewport said:

How have you got it back if youve been paid out for it? I had a Motorbike stolen and paid out by the insurance and when it was found dumped on waste land a month later the police recovered it and the insurance company collected it from the police. I found out where it was via a community facebook post and offered to go and get it from the bottom of the ditch but the police said as ive received payment from the insurance company i dont own the bike anymore so had no claims to it.

He says ...It was found in the woods ( probably waiting to be collected by the " do as you likeys " who stole it ) He says he has informed the insurance company but they are slow in responding . 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stubby said:

He says ...It was found in the woods ( probably waiting to be collected by the " do as you likeys " who stole it ) He says he has informed the insurance company but they are slow in responding . 

In the field on the edge of the woods where it was found the estate had a deer stalker up in the nest who said the same truck came by every night and slowed down and stopped along the road but must have noticed the deer stalkers truck parked up.... incredible 

Edited by Dillinger86
  • Like 1

Don't know how things work these days, but I'd be tempted to make them a silly offer for it. 

It was 25 yrs ago, I had a car stolen.  Ins paid out £400.00. The car turned up about a month later, with panel damage, but driveable.  I bought it back off the insurance Co for £30. Didn't repair it, just ran it into the ground. 

Things might be different these days, but worth an ask

• Like 2