Wood splitter-no power

Ty Korrigan

Hello,

I have a generic Chinesium Briggs powered road tow splitter which is very much like the Rock Machinery 22t model.

Recently it has simply lost power.

Hydro fluid is at the correct level.

I cannot see any obvious inline filter to check, replace or clean.

Is there likely to be an internal one inside the pump?

Also, is there any adjustment on the pump for flow rate?

If I can't find a simple fix,  I'll take it to my local machine work shop.

The owner himself uses it from time to time and would certainly fix it for free but there is a certain pride in problem solving oneself.

Cheers

Stuart

Some have a joint that has fingers on both sides, it is designed to fail to stop you damaging the engine or pump. Unfortunately they work to well and only last so long.

what I’m thinking looks like this:

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Petrol Engine Drive Coupling, Pump Half, Group 2 Pump To 1" Shaft.

most hydraulic shops will get you one 

Edited by Will C
  • Like 2

Took it to the workshop where Didier saw the issue right away.

This model has the wankiest security system ever devised.

I mean, it is safe but über awkward to operate with a jerky motion which is very fatiguing.

The nuts that hold the system together need locktight as they creep with the vibrations and only need to move slightly for a huge effect on flow.

Just that, very simple.

I'd remove the security if it was only for my use but I bought it for clients to use as a deal sweetener.

The dealer I bought it from (also a GM dealer to avoid) previously told me there was no problem just a low oil level and I'd simply not greased the rail enough (gives dealer a hard stare through narrowed eyes for mugging me off)

Back on site the client started splitting wood with the machine on a slight slope.

Hydro oil pissed out in a long green stream from the breather narrowly missing the tarmac drive.

The dealer had overfilled and with the machine not being level flooded the breather.

The Briggs dealer did the same to my 150P despite the hydro system having no connection to the engine management. Luckily I spotted that before taking it out to work because that would have been messy and embarrassing on the clients driveway.

Anyway we repositioned wood splitter on more level ground and started again.

Runs perfectly though I now need to remove some hydro oil to be on the safe side.

Stuart

IMG_20221013_162110.jpg

• Like 2