Titan Chainsaw won't pull

Shaffick

10 minutes ago, GarethM said:

So in your overtly over the top manly overcompensating fashion, you want a pissing contest for your screwdlefix special.

Okay big man, sod off up the model village.

Obviously hit a nerve with the lovely effeminate Gareth. Thanks for your "great advice" and input. For someone that's "done" you don't arf go on. 

I don't need to overcompensate, when my stuff breaks I fix it.

Unfortunately even my skills are stretched fixing stupid, what's the quote "never argue with stupid people they'll drag you down to they're level and beat you down with experience".

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Shaffick said:

I'll probably buy an electric one like you adviced and figure out where I can plug it in to when I'm in the woods miles from anywhere. Thanks 

Maybe he meant a battery one I dunno . Sorry you are having trouble . It does sound as if something is binding . As has been suggested ( in the friendliest manner ) check the flywheel is not binding on anything like the ignition unit or some crud caught behind it . If the piston is not scored visibly through the exhaust port you may have a broken ring that is snagging . Just a thought . Hope you get it sorted .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shaffick said:

Hi all,

I have a Titan TTL759CHN chainsaw. For some strange reason my chainsaw won't pull when I pull the chord. It's as if the engine has seized up.

When I remove the pull chord assembly, I've noticed that the flywheel is stuck. I can free it up by using a socket. Once this has freed up it will turn over by hand and won't seize up. When I refit the pull chord assembly and attempt to pull, after 3-4 pulls it seizes up again. There is nothing wrong with the pull chord assembly as once its removed it'll pull nice and freely.

My question is why does the flywheel seize up only for it to free up with a socket applied and seize up again?.

You might be using the wrong chord. 

Have you tried using a capo? 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Maybe he meant a battery one I dunno . Sorry you are having trouble . It does sound as if something is binding . As has been suggested ( in the friendliest manner ) check the flywheel is not binding on anything like the ignition unit or some crud caught behind it . If the piston is not scored visibly through the exhaust port you may have a broken ring that is snagging . Just a thought . Hope you get it sorted .

Hi there,

That's what im thinking. The only thing that baffles me is that when I remove the pull chord assembly, I use a socket and ratchet to free up the flywheel. Once it's free, I can spin the flywheel by hand freely. As soon as I refit the pull assembly it'll snag again. 

Thanks

8 minutes ago, doobin said:

You might be using the wrong chord. 

Have you tried using a capo? 

Lol. Using predictive text on my phone is a bitch. 

15 minutes ago, GarethM said:

I don't need to overcompensate, when my stuff breaks I fix it.

Unfortunately even my skills are stretched fixing stupid, what's the quote "never argue with stupid people they'll drag you down to they're level and beat you down with experience".

But you are arguing. Do you fancy me or something Gazza?. Do you not have a wife or boyfriend to play with or are you of the gender neutral brigade?. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Shaffick said:

Hi there,

That's what im thinking. The only thing that baffles me is that when I remove the pull chord assembly, I use a socket and ratchet to free up the flywheel. Once it's free, I can spin the flywheel by hand freely. As soon as I refit the pull assembly it'll snag again. 

Well that points to the pull cord assembly surey ?

• Like 1