2t lawnmower tuning AS Motor

Daniël Bos

7 hours ago, john87 said:

100: 1 will kill it, make no mistake about that..

I can tell you EXACTLY what is wrong with it, the fuel you are using.. Tip the shitty unleaded out and buy any one of the premixed alkylate

john

100:1 will kill it ? Depends on the oil .  How will EXACTLY the " wrong " fuel cause there to be no spark ?  Await with interest 🙂

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Stubby said:

100:1 will kill it ? Depends on the oil .  How will EXACTLY the " wrong " fuel cause there to be no spark ?  Await with interest 🙂

Pretty sure his remark was directed at Grassy dude's comments about his one('s) being very fussy about fuel mixtures and erratic behaviour unless it's just right.

9 hours ago, Daniël Bos said:

More confused.

I swapped the coil with an ms880 one (coz biggest flywheel in my 2t collection)

No spark.

Tried a (4t) lawnmower coil.

No spark.

Tried the AS coil on said lawnmower.

No spark.

To rule out a break in earth continuity due to my JB weld, I put on a separate earth wire straight to the plug threads, no spark 

Flywheels can stop functioning, but then I'd expect a weak spark?

Also, it sparked really well for a bit when I got it going at first, followed by absolutely zero spark, which makes me think coil is bad, but then why do I get no spark from the other coils either?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

I'm pretty sparsely thatched already, otherwise I'd be pulling out hair at this point 

These things can drive you mad , I’m sure  you have tried all the obvious stuff  you seem clued up, dose your coil mounting bolts sit on nylon spacers I seem to recall they did, and they weren’t a common plug  you fit them without the cap , do you have a main agent local to you ,l could ask the guys I bought mine off for any ideas if you have no joy, 

2 hours ago, Stubby said:

Missed the bit about spark as i did not read through whole thread. HOWEVER, in the very first post the poster states it runs but roughly.

So.. Does it have a spark or not???

john..

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, john87 said:

Missed the bit about spark as i did not read through whole thread. HOWEVER, in the very first post the poster states it runs but roughly.

So.. Does it have a spark or not???

john..

It didn't, then it did for a little bit, then the spark died and now I can't figure out why it doesn't spark without throwing money at it.

Edited by Daniël Bos
Spelling

15 hours ago, Daniël Bos said:

It didn't, then it did for a little bit, then the spark died and now I can't figure out why it doesn't spark without throwing money at it.

Perhaps it is just knackered.. Try this as a final test, it has never failed me..

Put in brand new fuel. Take out the plug and heat the end bit literally red hot with a blow lamp. Put it back in as fast as you can and try to start the thing. 99% certain it will go first pull..

john..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, john87 said:

Perhaps it is just knackered.. Try this as a final test, it has never failed me..

Put in brand new fuel. Take out the plug and heat the end bit literally red hot with a blow lamp. Put it back in as fast as you can and try to start the thing. 99% certain it will go first pull..

john..

A final test of what exactly?

What would doing that tell me?