CS100 hunting at full throttle

ostosix

Hi folks a while ago my CS100 was getting bogged down and cutting out, so changed the filter below the tank as fuel wasn’t free flowing. 

At it again but its hunting now at higher throttle. Im sure i heard that these sometimes do that but most guidance says the governor should hold it steady even under load.

Any thoughts I’m thinking this is just a carb strip clean out jets to sort this? Any pointers gratefully appreciated. 

cheers

God Save the King!

I’ve owned a cs100 for a few years and had both the issue of the choke lever moving forward and applying choke when running, and also a blocked jet in the carb. Both are easy fixes. You can access the carb jet by taking the fuel tank off and the bracket at the top that holds the air filter on, then the top of the carb can be removed, revealing the jet. It’s been a couple of years since I last did it, but it was fairly obvious once I started taking things apart. I found that the loose choke control completely killed the engine, rather than just making it hunt. A blocked jet may likely be the issue. 

Edited by Bob The Dog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cheers chaps, i always watch for the choke slipping on, does happen on this one too.

There was a bit of crap in the small longer jet and lots of scum in the float chamber.

I’ve only gone and dropped the wider one (accessed behind the bolt)behind down somewhere by the castings!

sure they cant be too much?

"Hunting" can be caused by a poor damper that is now allowing the governor to open too much which then closes the throttle to stop over rev and the cycle continues. Try to tighten the clamp on the governor to see if that helps?

Will do cheers chaps! Everything looks in order.

Found my main jet at 2200 ha ha,dropped out of engine and before trying to get flywheel off i thought i’d drop the drum, there it was sat right in the middle when i tilted the chassis back!

Lucky there. My own fault for tackling the carb clean while nippers were running round so not giving it the full attention req’d.
nice to have give it a good once over mind-So rebuilding now!! Late one.

When your having morning cuppa check in and i’ll tell you if it’s fixed😂

• Like 2