Which post knocker to go for small digger

Toby Eavis

Mast type with a smaller than normal weight- probably around 100kg. 

Don’t waste your time with breaker-mounted post driving cups. 

this is on the 2.7t but the 1.7t is fine with it if you are careful , I used it a lot on one before I bought the larger machine. 

also- notice the chains connecting the drive plate to the mast. This allows you press down a bit with the digger and is much better than having it wobbling everywhere on a leg. I cut the leg off and threw it away. 

image.thumb.jpeg.cac484c47ede23dde4421828eba7e537.jpeg

Edited by doobin
  • Like 1

Protech make a solid machine, but the p10 for the 1.8t machines tends to have the hitch mound mid way up the mast. This means it's hard to get the height on a post if using it as Doobin does. It's best to have the mounting low down the bottom of the mast so you don't have to lift it as high which on a small digger could be the difference of being able to get it out far enough with out tipping over!

So basically if you go for a protech p10 get them to put the hitch down the bottom of the mast not midway!

1 hour ago, woody paul said:

Protech haha took them 8 months to build one for my loader then got it wrong, but did put it right quickly. 

Wrag make digger mount one. Company near me uses a post puncher and posts are all in line and upright. 

Yeah Wrags customer service is spot on compared to the red make. Good machines as well but different design with a full length mast.