What Broadband?

PeteB

Apologies for this, I'm sure the subject has been raised before...

Been with a BT Package for a while and they have been, at best, okay. Although my first try with them was simply awful! But, what with Netflix, Now, Amazon, cast from tablet/laptop and ordinary TV etc, plus a lot of rugby going to Pay to view, I thing it is time to consider ditching a subscription TV Package that is marginal and £30 pm. I don't have a landline so just need a decent broadband supplier.

What are your recommendations? 

I've got the same problem, currently paying £57 for FTTP broadband and landline phone (500mins per month). Been with them for about five years and no problems at all, but cost is getting a bit painful. Landline is now VOIP. Looking at the reviews of other suppliers makes me doubtful about swapping. 

Everyone will be going VOIP soon enough, getting rid of the dial tone allows them to gain a lot of internet speed and probably means less infrastructure like old style exchanges.

BT are rumoured to be standarding the products as they own EE & Plus Net.

I've stuck with sky, but waiting to see how the streaming stuff like Now TV and all the others works out.

Edited by GarethM

22 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

I’d like to move from by to Vodafone, but everything works well at the moment. Have great speed and have good speed in the outside office thanks to a chain of extenders: Vodafone would be a lot cheaper but don’t want to risk ending up with a poorer service 

I researched Vodaphone and they seem a definite no no. 

• Like 1

Might stay with BT then, Full Fibre Halo 3+ @ £50.41 looks a possible, but not sure about next year's price rise of inflation plus 3%. My contract expires 1-11-22 so might wait a bit and see how things shape up. I have a mobile mast in my woodland (3) so my mobile contract is obviously with them, they are telling me that they will be able to provide broadband for me in the near future, so see what happens there.

Edited by Deafhead
Addition to text.

14 minutes ago, Deafhead said:

Might stay with BT then, Full Fibre Halo 3+ @ £50.41 looks a possible, but not sure about next year's price rise of inflation plus 3%. My contract expires 1-11-22 so might wait a bit and see how things shape up. 

money saving expert is punting a plusnet deal that ends tonight, £11/month for 18 months after an amazon cashback IIRC

• Like 1