Husky 560xp handle ?

lurch_917

9 hours ago, Mark_Skyland said:

Thanks for the information. As huntingcap says its the spikes that are different hence husky not listing it for the 560, I should have just looked at the standard handle which fits both machines.

As for the pricing, I guess its a bigger market in the US which I presume brings the price down to the dealers which is then passed on to the customer. It can get a bit difficult when a customer sees a very cheap price from the US and they think that we are ripping them off. 

As has been said the big spikes for a 562 will not fit a 560 because the mounting holes on the clutch cover are wider apart I think to allow for the 3/8ths running gear But , you can get big spikes for a 560 as I have some . They are Jonsered part number for their equivalent saw .

Edited by Stubby

4 hours ago, Stubby said:

As has been said the big spikes for a 562 will not fit a 560 because the mounting holes on the clutch cover are wider apart I think to allow for the 3/8ths running gear But , you can get big spikes for a 560 as I have some . They are Jonsered part number for their equivalent saw .

to be honest im not a fan of these big spikes all i need spike wise is for them to help guide the bar not rip into the stump as you might put more strain on the chain and engine .

1 hour ago, lurch_917 said:

to be honest im not a fan of these big spikes all i need spike wise is for them to help guide the bar not rip into the stump as you might put more strain on the chain and engine .

I am not so keen on them on a small snedding saw . On a big felling saw ( U.S. style ) they are good on chunky soft wood bark .  I think its a " pimp it  up "  thing 😀

1 hour ago, lurch_917 said:

I like big spikes because i'm a poser/wannabe. 🤷🏻‍♂️

14 hours ago, Stubby said:

I know that there arent any holes on the 550/560 cover but I I'm wondering if the 562 cover will fit. I will have to check it out :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stubby said:

I am not so keen on them on a small snedding saw . On a big felling saw ( U.S. style ) they are good on chunky soft wood bark .  I think its a " pimp it  up "  thing 😀

The standard spikes on 550/560 are a bit too short.

adding slightly bigger plus the outer ones makes felling and chogging a lot easier and makes better use of power.

8 hours ago, Mark_Skyland said:

I know that there arent any holes on the 550/560 cover but I I'm wondering if the 562 cover will fit. I will have to check it out :)

Hi Mark

The 550/545 has the nut holders on the clutch cover, and just need drilled out to allow outer spikes.

The outer spike fits 550/545 no problem, but the inner needs slight work.

Steve

Not sure about 560

IMG-20220518-WA0001.jpeg

8d4d665e5c043e9f42a41b0e896d48c6.jpg

Edited by Steven1210
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Steven1210 said:

Hi Mark

The 550/545 has the nut holders on the clutch cover, and just need drilled out to allow outer spikes.

The outer spike fits 550/545 no problem, but the inner needs slight work.

Steve

Not sure about 560

IMG-20220518-WA0001.jpeg

8d4d665e5c043e9f42a41b0e896d48c6.jpg

Thanks Steven

The 560 cover is the same one as the 550. We've sold a few outer dogs because as you at you can drill it out quiet easily. I was hoping the 562 would do the job, especially as its a bit cheaper but unfortunately it won't. 

• Like 1