Stihl MSA 220c

Redheadhouse

Check for chips around the battery connections. I have had it go dead on me a few times and always solved by taking the battery out, shaking it upside down and popping the battery back in

This is what I do. The battery well has a very annoying lip that prevents you tipping the chips out.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AHPP said:

This is what I do. The battery well has a very annoying lip that prevents you tipping the chips out.

I switched my 200 to the 3/8" 220 set up which of course meant changing the sprocket, I found a fair few chips in behind it that could potentially feck the oil pump drive so that's another thing that's worth checking from time to time.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Hi I have just had the same happen to me, I have only used the Chainsaw 4 times, it stopped with full battery.

you cannon hardly move the chain with the brake off, by hand.

Looks like the gearbox/bearing has gone,? did you get to the bottom of your issue.

I only use mine for domestic use, and its still under warranty

Cheers

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

We have had one of these back with exactly this issue. Checked battery and connections all fine. Put battery in and squeeze trigger to start and all you get is a very faint high pitch squeal for a millisecond and the sprocket moves slightly by a few millimeters. Take battery out and sprocket will not move manually. We took it apart and was a failed motor bearing. This was under warranty, so they must have an issue, although this is the first and only one we have sold of this model, so I many be wrong and it's a one off issue- for us anyway.