How much has signing up to Woodsure cost you?

Woodworks

2 minutes ago, spuddog0507 said:

Yes it is, and FISA introduced the chainsaw refresher course, which had to be done every 5 years, we did one 3 years ago, 5 of us on it one trainer there and it was £208 each for a 4 hr refresher course and my gripe with this is they cant be arsed to send us a certificate, just imagine how much money could be made out of doing a driver refresher course every 5 years it would be tens of millions a year, !!!!

FISA have scrapped their chainsaw refresher courses.

I think with the state of driving in the UK refreshers would be a good thing. Get the idiots off the road and put the revenue into fixing potholes.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, 5thelement said:

I was under the impression that Woodsure was a Government Scheme for wholesale firewood sellers to continue trading?

FISA are not Government and have no say in anything important really, just a private entity screwing money unnecessarily and unregulated out of hard working people.

Why would anyone want to put FISA registered on their invoices, pay a membership fee, then get hit with a bill of £1.70 a tonne, for what exactly?

Some people must be insane😂.

But you get a free of charge magazine every 3 month as well,😂 i have and will never have any intension of doing owt with FISA, some one once tried to talk me in to it several years ago and told me it would be to my advantage ? i think he was on a earner trying to sign people up, i hope you have read the other post i put on back to open space man, and i still aint got it and i have rang em about half a dozen times for certificate,

5 minutes ago, spuddog0507 said:

But you get a free of charge magazine every 3 month as well,😂 i have and will never have any intension of doing owt with FISA, some one once tried to talk me in to it several years ago and told me it would be to my advantage ? i think he was on a earner trying to sign people up, i hope you have read the other post i put on back to open space man, and i still aint got it and i have rang em about half a dozen times for certificate,

I bet that every time you called them they where at a trade show spunking your money and said ‘they would get back to you’😂

Edited by 5thelement
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, 5thelement said:

FISA have scrapped their chainsaw refresher courses.

I think with the state of driving in the UK refreshers would be a good thing. Get the idiots off the road and put the revenue into fixing potholes.

Yes been scrapped about 12 month ago and they blamed it on covid, ?, with the way things are at the moment we wont be needing driving refresher courses as we will all be getting a Donkey and cart each,,😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 5thelement said:

I bet that every time you called them they where at a trade show spunking your money and said ‘they would get back to you’😂

Yes probably something like that, answer i kept getting was we have posted it ? oh i will send you another one then, waste of time if you ask me, 

Yes been scrapped about 12 month ago and they blamed it on covid, ?, with the way things are at the moment we wont be needing driving refresher courses as we will all be getting a Donkey and cart each,,[emoji23]

Donkey running on alkylate fuel will mean less methane coming out the exhaust though eh! Good on the old emissions front 🤠 (or back even) 🤣

7 minutes ago, Ratman said:

Donkey running on alkylate fuel will mean less methane coming out the exhaust though eh! Good on the old emissions front 🤠 (or back even) 🤣

It would need to be low emission as well, as sat on a cart right behind it wont be good,, so no cabbages or sprouts for my Donkey 😂

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Woodworks said:

Grudgingly filling in the Woodsure forms and just come across a few bits I dont like the sound of (clearly dont like most of it but these bits are worse) Cant get hold of them on the phone so thought others might know

What are point of sale fees?

• Please note: Point of sale fees will be invoiced separately annually once your application has been approved and an audit plan provided, if applicable.

• "

Also what might these add up to baring in mind we are down on the Devon Cornwall boarder.  "Note: Additional fees may be added to cover travelling expenses."

It'll be like the current BSL accreditation required to sell log / pellet to RHI claiming customers. 

Quarterly fee £7.50 I think, and then you pay a % for every ton. You sell. Quarterly return requires tonnage sales and auto calculates a price you have to pay for the privilege of selling your own product. 

Im binning BSL accreditation off. Not worth it. 

Edited by kevinjohnsonmbe
  • Like 4