Russia Invades ukraine

topchippyles

Yeah you're right, he probably would have been fine with just Crimea. Definitely would have left it at that 👍

Oh, and Donetsk. Just those.

Maaaaybe Luhansk. DEFINITELY leave it at that. That would have scratched his itch just fine. Yeah. 

2 hours ago, monkeybusiness said:

I don’t think Putin would have invaded Ukraine with Trump (or someone similarly strong/unpredictable) at the helm. He knew that NATO/Europe/the US wouldn’t get involved directly (they have supplied arms for defence but only recently sent anything that can reach into Russia as a form of attack) so he’s been able to essentially do as he pleases, as there hasn’t been any western leadership with an ounce of backbone to stand up to him. 
I personally think we need Trump to be the leader Russia/China/North Korea have in the back of their minds when considering their next moves. 

IMO I dont think it matters whos in charge, Putin can more or less do what he wants. Even if he dropped a nuke on London theres no way NATO and the US are going to hit Russia with a volley of nukes. 

• 2 weeks later...

Jesus, while we've been distracted by Trump's failing mental health and ham shouting at brown people, Ukraine has made a land grab into Russia...

image.thumb.png.627a1dd6ba8d1b229e5bbc31bd75e5fa.png

350km² taken into Kursk, with no signs of anything slowing down yet...

It's probably not going to hold out long-term, but it has great potential for negotiations and propaganda. 

Lot of Russian soldiers surrendering... this is great news.

Edited by peds

2 hours ago, peds said:

Jesus, while we've been distracted by Trump's failing mental health and ham shouting at brown people, Ukraine has made a land grab into Russia...

image.thumb.png.627a1dd6ba8d1b229e5bbc31bd75e5fa.png

350km² taken into Kursk, with no signs of anything slowing down yet...

It's probably not going to hold out long-term, but it has great potential for negotiations and propaganda. 

Lot of Russian soldiers surrendering... this is great news.

I follow it daily . The explanation from Ukraine a few days ago was to try and pull some of the Russians from the main front to ease pressure there . Russia is saying they are after the nearby power power station .

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stubby said:

The explanation from Ukraine a few days ago was to try and pull some of the Russians from the main front to ease pressure there 

Absolutely, anything to take the strain off the front line inside Ukraine is a great idea. Fingers crossed they can dig in a bit and really drain the resources intended for elsewhere, if it's worth the investment in manpower. 

• Like 2

Video of smashed Russian column deep inside Kursk...

A big old mess that the Ruskies are going to find more and more difficult to tidy up the longer it goes on. Go on lads, wreak havoc!

Download link below, or view video on R/Ukraine 

Edit: oh wow, some reddit video links are automatically embedded. That's awesome. 

RAPIDSAVE.COM

RapidSave helps you download reddit videos with sound audio and HD quality. A free reddit video...

Edited by peds

2 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

I bet putin is crapping his pants and fuming mad. 

And where are these F16 planes based ?.

If I was Putin, I would be tracking them all the way home and tactically bunker busting each one as a statement of fly in our airspace and you'll pay the price.