Avant / multi one grapple

Big Beech

Having used the pallet forks and single finger for moving brash and logs in the past its OK but not the most effective I feel.

Looked at the large log grab but not sure on it as may loose a lot of lifting capacity and looked at the grapple bucket possibly the avant one.

What do people use, wanting ideally a single item that cover both bases in an ideal world.

The one in the picture i believe to be the grapple from avant themselves does anyone use one for Timber trunks etc as well?

Any other pictures that you use welcome or links etc.

Screenshot_20211128-123436_eBay.jpg

That picture looks good. I have both the Kelfri log grab and a bucket grab that you are welcome to borrow for a day if you want, I'm over near Midhurst.

The Kelfri grab is fantastic for logs and also large amounts of brash- the 'beak' really reaches out and pulls a massive amount of brash into a bundle. Obviously as with all loader brash grabs, presenting the brash correctly is important. No loader grab will make a good job of a random pile.

the bucket grab has its uses but not really for brash. Brambles etc in rough piles, then yes. 

EFB72682-7C5C-47C4-9B9D-AF1BDF105EEF.jpeg

9315C742-EE11-48CC-9DF5-A325F136B4B0.jpeg

Edited by doobin
  • Like 1

Having spent a considerable time making brash bundles to be carted away by a never ending stream of Avant/Norcar loaders it came as quite a surprise what was certainly on another level, not only in terms of the amount it could carry, but it’s reliability of hold in what was quite a long forwarding trip.

We used to ask for this setup to be continually sent to us, such was it’s production advantage, and again always sent for it to move the stacks of plastic bog mats.

The clamps give a massive grip area and being independent can adapt to awkward shapes much better.

Quite simply a pair of the RSL clamps onto the pallet fork frame.

I haven’t an image, but I’m certain the one I worked with had them placed above the forks, but I could be wrong.

Absolutely brilliant, grabbed anything and everything we bundled up for it.

Eddie.

C7972E5A-17E9-4CFD-82CB-231FD0DE6080.thumb.jpeg.a5913607d5e7ac44631f201957105fcf.jpeg

19 minutes ago, LGP Eddie said:

Having spent a considerable time making brash bundles to be carted away by a never ending stream of Avant/Norcar loaders it came as quite a surprise what was certainly on another level, not only in terms of the amount it could carry, but it’s reliability of hold in what was quite a long forwarding trip.

We used to ask for this setup to be continually sent to us, such was it’s production advantage, and again always sent for it to move the stacks of plastic bog mats.

The clamps give a massive grip area and being independent can adapt to awkward shapes much better.

Quite simply a pair of the RSL clamps onto the pallet fork frame.

I haven’t an image, but I’m certain the one I worked with had them placed above the forks, but I could be wrong.

Absolutely brilliant, grabbed anything and everything we bundled up for it.

Eddie.

C7972E5A-17E9-4CFD-82CB-231FD0DE6080.thumb.jpeg.a5913607d5e7ac44631f201957105fcf.jpeg

I looked at that and messaged them.

The base frame for the avant forks is not wide enough to cater for two fingers, and brash ive found always falls though between the tines.

They are T piped as one ram action, not independently.

10 minutes ago, Big Beech said:

I looked at that and messaged them.

The base frame for the avant forks is not wide enough to cater for two fingers, and brash ive found always falls though between the tines.

They are T piped as one ram action, not independently.

We had absolutely no issues, but we were making the bundles for them with an excavator and grab.

They will still clamp/blow off at different places if piped together.

That perhaps explains why they were set above the forks then, someone must have done their own setup with the RSL clamps set directly above the forks.

This was taking almost half again of any other type, and their were loads of the bloody things coming at us!

Eddie.

Edited by LGP Eddie