Stihl 024 and Husk 245(?) both with same issue.

organic guy

Stihl not been used for 2 months. Went yesterday to pollard willow, saw running fine, cut half of stems , then saw died. Fired up and died as soon as I touched the throttle.

Cleaned out fuel tank and found more saw dust than I am happy about.( I am not the only one to use the saw!)

Stripped and cleaned carb, no obvious muck.

Saw will now run on half choke but dies on throttle.

Today grabbed Husky to finish job. Half way through second tree did exactly the same.

Can get it to tick over for a while but touching throttle it dies.

WTF!

Any suggestions?

(Not got back to 365 yet!)

Thanks 

OG

2 hours ago, AHPP said:

Both new fuel? The E10 stuff?

I did not fill the cans, but the two ladies who did were instructed to get Super not E10.

I understood that use of E10 would have long term effects on gaskets, pipes etc. not an immediate impact on running. Correct me if I am wrong.

Edited by organic guy
addition

18 minutes ago, spudulike said:

Check the gauze strainer. I have had countless machines in with chip in the tank and a carb strainer stuffed with it. 

Water in the fuel can give some interesting running issues. Metal jerry cans can be an issue with condensing water.

The stihl carb I took apart was clean of debris.

My first thought was water. I had an issue once before, on that occasion the fuel looked like an emulsion. This did not.

The only common factor is that they could both be E10. Or maybe just coincidence.

13 minutes ago, organic guy said:

I did not fill the cans, but the two ladies who did were instructed to get Super not E10.

I understood that use of E10 would have long term effects on gaskets, pipes etc. not an immediate impact on running. Correct me if I am wrong.

I don't know enough about it to say firmly but I'd anecdotally guess that's your problem if I had to guess.

I use MotoMix. Try a can of that, Aspen or the Husqy one and see if it makes a difference. 

Edited by AHPP