Discovery 4 Electrics?

PeteB

Any members good auto electricians? Is the park assist module the same as fitted to Jag S Type units? If I swapped modules as I think mine is duff,  is it complicated and needing a recode?

Any members good auto electricians? Is the park assist module the same as fitted to Jag S Type units? If I swapped modules as I think mine is duff,  is it complicated and needing a recode?

Think you have to test them in if memory serves 🥴
  • Like 1

On 05/07/2021 at 21:52, PeteB said:

S-type is quite old so probably not the same unit. No doubt they are almost identical though. 

Will almost certainly need coding as well, everything on them seems to need it. Out of interest how many miles and has the body been off for some work?

She has 115k, the body hasn't been off to my knowledge but she has had some work done, telltale in screws, plastic body fitting clips and fixings etc. The park assist started getting intermittent then stopped altogether.  I've check resistance of each sensor and the read pretty much the same, I can trace connectivity through the earths to the body but no joy. It would be fantastically rare for all 8 to fail at the same time! The nanocom reads "no voltage to the front" and no faults for the back. 

2 hours ago, PeteB said:

She has 115k, the body hasn't been off to my knowledge but she has had some work done, telltale in screws, plastic body fitting clips and fixings etc. The park assist started getting intermittent then stopped altogether.  I've check resistance of each sensor and the read pretty much the same, I can trace connectivity through the earths to the body but no joy. It would be fantastically rare for all 8 to fail at the same time! The nanocom reads "no voltage to the front" and no faults for the back. 

At 115k I would expect it to have been off at least twice. Once for the turbo and again for the gearbox, unless the gearbox hasn't been out. In which case you are on borrowed time with that. 

Unlikely the sensors then, unless one sensor down throws the whole lot out of sync. I've had three disco 4s and a 3, diagnosing electrical faults on them is a bit of a game. The only reason I mention the body being off is because they find loads of electrical faults after all the connectors have been disturbed, you seem to get a run of issues afterwards.

• Like 1

Lovely truck, and I am a fan of the marque - this is the 8th LR since the early 80's and I learnt to double de-clutch in the first one registered in  Hereford and Worcester. They can be hard work at times and unreliable, but then, I've spent a few days in the hands of the AA with Ford Ranger too!

I've had a few of the plugs apart and found no corrosion in them, the earth in the osf wheel was knackered and replaced but still got a few issues which bug me! Perhaps I enjoy pain, suffering and expense! 

10 hours ago, PeteB said:

Lovely truck, and I am a fan of the marque - this is the 8th LR since the early 80's and I learnt to double de-clutch in the first one registered in  Hereford and Worcester. They can be hard work at times and unreliable, but then, I've spent a few days in the hands of the AA with Ford Ranger too!

I've had a few of the plugs apart and found no corrosion in them, the earth in the osf wheel was knackered and replaced but still got a few issues which bug me! Perhaps I enjoy pain, suffering and expense! 

I learnt to drive on Landrovers, still double declutched and gave a burst of revs when changing down 30 years after. I did a Police driving mini course when I worked at BP, the police instructor asked why I drove like that as no need to in modern cars. Old habits die hard!