Decent fuel hose??

swinny

Does anyone know where to get decent fuel hose from? 

Some i've had in the past has been shocking for going rock hard, the see through stuff is crap also.... Had some that said for diesel and started laminating like the inner core separating from the outer!

Got small amount recently from agri place and seems ok but would prefer just to get a full reel for the garage! Any ideas?

most likely i.d 6 & 8mm rolls

Thanks

Again i get it off LT&T, for petrol and diesel, its black though so you wont ever see flow! I put an in-line filter in situ then you can see whats going on and obviously its a good tell tale and dirt cheap to swap out when needed! [emoji106]

And yeah, 6mm & 8mm rolls [emoji106]

Right do they have a website? I'll have a quick search now. Just going to get rolls of each as you need stock and stores in this game! Not bothered about checking flow etc.... I run big inline filters with mesh inside and they're great :)

WWW.LTANDT.CO.UK

Leyland Trailer & Truck - Have been supporting transport companies in the North West with trailer spares for many yearsWith over 65 years industry experience, LT&T have been supporting transport companies in the North West and Nationwide with truck and trailer spares for decades.Originally we supplied product via franchised truck and trailer …

Owt ya need just ask, they’ll do theyre best. Tell em i put ya on to them, speak to Ollie, Paul or Andy the main man [emoji106]

5 hours ago, swinny said:

Does anyone know where to get decent fuel hose from? 

Some i've had in the past has been shocking for going rock hard, the see through stuff is crap also.... Had some that said for diesel and started laminating like the inner core separating from the outer!

Got small amount recently from agri place and seems ok but would prefer just to get a full reel for the garage! Any ideas?

most likely i.d 6 & 8mm rolls

Thanks

I have usually found the marine fuel line to be a far better quality, not cheap by all means as it is silicone based but does last a lot longer than owt else, for example there is a piece outside my back door that i use when arseing about with outboards and its been kicking about outside for near on 20 years now and its still OK,,, Preston marina on the docks, Glasson marina at Glasson dock would help you out but i would think there would be some where at Skipton on the canal that would help you out, used to be a old guy at Barrowford but i think he will be long gone ? and i dont know if any one took it over, i will ask a few people, 

Ah yes - good old fuel hose doesn't last like it used to...   Fuel isn't what it was...

For the clear stuff, I've moved to "Tygon" - which I think is actually a brand from Saint Gobain for different tubes for different uses  but "Tygon Fuel Tube" will usually get what you want or "Tygon F-4040-A"    It's slightly yellow.    Available a lot of places if you search for the name/no

For the black rubber larger stuff, the horror stories here are worth reading http://www.volksbolts.com/faq/fuelhose.htm

I've found the Codan "R9" from eBay does last much better.   Other manufacturers are probably available now, but there's always a notable price difference between SAE R9 rated stuff and generic "fuel hose".

Sigh - it used to be simple... 😀

• Thanks 1